Are you an IT Leader that has helped transform a large organization using public cloud platforms? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact projects that are technically broad and deep? Are you excited about introducing lean transformation models to traditional enterprise organizations? Do you have experience leading business transformation across diverse enterprise teams driving change and business value at enterprise scale?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Enterprise Transformation Architects to work with top-tier Fortune 500 customers and their partners in transforming their organization and IT landscape. ISA engage with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios and develop blueprints for enterprise operating models, ultimately driving adoption of the AWS platform in large Enterprises.
An ISA works with AWS R&D, Architecture team and industry team closely. ISAs would work out industry transformation blueprint, first-of-a-kind industry solutions, key accounts architectural initiatives and would lead cross team AWS resources for execution. ISA would also own the 'people and process' transformation engagements in key accounts, and the corresponding executive relationships (e.g. CTO, CIO, Director of Cloud Strategy, etc.). In addition, ISAs should have the ability to take on mentoring of new members on the team or other groups based their area of depth and expertise.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
• Engaging with C-level executives to define and execute on Enterprise cloud strategies.
• Establishing shared service centers and Centers of Excellence for Cloud operations.
• Identifying motivators for cloud adoption and unlocking Enterprise challenges.
• Assist in defining enterprise operating models for AWS and driving buy-in across complex organization structures.
• Design long-term industry cloud blueprint and valuable assets
• Lead key accounts lifelong cloud transformation and innovation projects
• Assist with cost/benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases/total cost of ownership studies for migration.
• Soliciting feedback from Enterprise customers and influencing future iterations of the AWS platform.
• Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
• Defining and executing on the strategy by engaging highly technical teams (Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, AWS professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners).
This role is a special role in the Solutions Architecture organization at AWS. This role provides a unique opportunity to lead innovations and transformational change with large Enterprise customers in their journey to cloud.
• 7+ years of IT consulting experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles.
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering (STEM) or similar industry experience.
• Breadth of expertise in Cloud Computing/AWS platform, technologies and architectural best practices.
• Experience of establishing and leading a Center of Excellence (CCOE), or in a senior advisory role to customers in designing, set-up and maturing of the COE.
• Experience of establishing an effective Enterprise Architecture for enterprise-scale adoption of public cloud that typically spans the COE and driving changes to Build and Run/Operate functions
• Strong understanding of Enterprise IT, including strategy, enterprise architecture, governance, operations, infrastructure and DevOps.
• Experience working on large scale enterprise transformation projects, particularly at Fortune 500 companies.
• Expert level ability in managing executive Customer relationships key IT (CxO, CIO, Chief Architect) and business stakeholders within a customer organization.
• Strong leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with diverse set of customers or partners, across multiple disciplines.
• Strong presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and Executive audiences.
• In-depth knowledge for a major industry in blueprints, trends and eco systems
• Strong full stack hands-on skills in design architecture, from top level to implementation, covering functional requirements and non-functional requirements implementation, testing, integration and evolvements
• Be mobile and travel to client locations as needed. Estimated 25-50% travel requirement.
Location is flexible in Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen.
• Masters or above degree in computer science or related subjects preferred or similar industry experience.
• Led a cloud initiative as an AWS customer or consulting with a customer in their own IT transformation.
• Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture Frameworks and Enterprise IT management frameworks (eg: ITIL), identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
• Direct experience architecting AWS, including enterprise capabilities for AWS
• Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, FFIEC, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GxP and FDA.
• Hands-on capabilities in strategy planning, enterprise architecture design, services and process optimization and blueprint building, certified in TOGAF/CISA will be a plus
• Knowledgeable on open source technologies and/or AI/big data/machine learning/IoT or other edge technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.