Job Location: Taiwan
Amazon Web Services ("AWS") offers a suite of infrastructure web services in the cloud that is changing how the world consumes IT resources. AWS currently serves customers from over 190 countries using a global network of data centers in the US, South America, Europe, and across Asia Pacific. This person will be an integral part of AWS Center of Excellence for High-Tech Manufacturing helping AWS continue to expand our business operations in Taiwan with and for manufacturers of tech industries by providing AWS services on top of industry know-hows aiming to help and upgrade manufacturers' competencies and digital transformation that are in line with and moving towards Industry 4.0. We are looking for a seasoned professional with strong business strategy, product management/solution definition experience in high-tech manufacturing industry with profound understanding and practices of digital opportunities such as improvements to yield, predictive maintenance, digital procurement, cloud EDA, advanced robotics-based manufacturing, digitization of the supply chain management, etc. This person will have sufficient technical skills to understand IT architecture, unparalleled communication skills (can clearly describe strategy and drill into tactics), and the ability to interact with all functions, disciplines, and levels in the organization. This person will also be able to identify the needs of domestic and international customers and translate those requirements into business models / solutions that can be executed across the organization. This is a highly visible and critical position that will play a big role in the future direction of AWS Great China Region.
1. Help lead the effort to continually strategize roles and responsibilities of AWS Taiwan High Tech Manufacture Center of Excellence and set marching order for cross-organization collaboration
2. Define and execute the business case, customer segmentation, competitive analysis, pricing analysis, marketing strategy, financial (P&L) models, and go-to-market strategies for Taiwan's manufacture business
3. Become the subject matter expert on Taiwan local manufacturing industries; recommend features, functionality, and tools to help local customers more easily adopt AWS products and services to attain the next level of operating efficiency
4. Orchestrate the successful execution of defined expansion plans across AWS business and technical teams
5. Collaborate closely with international teams to support local business initiatives
6. Build and own the management system to track the progress on development of functionalities/solutions, project progress, territory expansion, APN solutions enablement, ecosystem expansion (such as AWS penetration, SaaS penetration etc.), and government and standard bodies lobbying.
This role has the following basic qualifications:
1. 10+ years of technology-related product strategy and product management experience, with direct experience driving complex, cross-functional, and/or cross-company initiatives in manufacturing industry
2. Passionate about and possess a strong understanding about AWS and the cloud computing space
3. Extensive domain knowledge in the manufacture and ecosystem
4. Understanding of manufacturing process, shop floor control, automation, emerging IoT and Mobile technologies, communications protocols and/or experience on improvements to yield, predictive maintenance, digital procurement, cloud EDA, advanced robotics-based manufacturing, digitization of the supply chain management
5. Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization
6. Knowledge of Taiwan local business environments, including IT infrastructure, government regulations, IT industry usage behaviors and preferences, and other macro-economic dynamics
7. Able to be strategic, but also drive tactics and execution; willing to get your hands dirty and get the job done
8. Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are able to work independently and effectively in a results-oriented, efficient environment
9. Experience collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from disparate sources in order to drive conclusions and recommendations
10. Skill at building financial models, budgets, forecasts, and implementation schedules for new projects and ability to present the financial benefits to customers for their journey into cloud
11. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written in English and Mandrain
12. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
13. Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Professional traits not unique to this position, but necessary for all Amazon leaders:
1. Exhibit excellent judgment
2. Have relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
3. Be able to dive deep and never be out of touch with the details of the business
4. Have passion, convictions, and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
5. A strong results orientation
6. Think big
7. To learn and be curious of industry development
8. Be able to Invent & Simplify for customer adoption of cloud directly and thru adoption of third party solutions and services.
The ideal candidates have the following preferred qualifications:
1. Prefer discrete manufacture
2. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required
3. Able to collect, analyze, and summarize data from disparate sources in order to drive conclusions and recommendations
4. Must be exceptional in working with cross-functional teams
5. Experience on connected enterprise, corporate digital transformation, asset and labor productivity or efficiency increasing.
MBA or similar advanced degree highly desired
A technical background in engineering or computer science a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.