Industrial Lab Technician- Quality Control Testing
Amazon is looking for an outstanding, highly motivated Industrial Laboratory Technician to join our Customer Packaging (CPEX) team in Seattle, WA (Rainier Valley).
This position is responsible for packaging testing in accordance with documented laboratory processes, inputting data using the Lab UI to ensure data is accurate, conducting testing of submissions and providing communication with various entities (Program Participants (vendors), CPEX team, and internal customers). This role is also actively involved in updating laboratory procedures to improve workflow and overall efficiencies.
The successful candidate is highly organized individual with excellent communication and customer service skill and experience in quality testing/industrial laboratory testing. We are looking a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Shift: Multiple shifts available.
- Monday-Thursday, 2pm-12:30am.
- Monday-Friday, 5:30am-2pm
- Maintain and promote Safety within the Lab.
- Conduct packaging testing on FFP submissions.
- Ensure Lab SLA's are being achieved.
- Maintain data integrity with proper use of the Lab UI.
- Actively participate in Lab process improvements (development and implementation).
- Provide effective communication with Program Participants and Account/Vendor Managers during the Amazon Packaging Certification process.
- Provide packaging feedback to other Amazon teams.
- Collaborate with manager to assign weekly and daily tasks to Lab Contractor(s).
- Conduct Lab tours and package design briefs for internal/external customers.
- Meet with manager on a routine basis to discuss performance and development.
- Elevate all concerns or problems associated with the Lab to manager.
- Manage multiple projects and varying tasks simultaneously.
- Test and evaluate products/packaging for e-commerce shipping utilizing a simulated transit test method.
- Provide packaging feedback on solutions designed internally or externally to enable stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
- Driving CPEX experience with enhancement projects.
- Supporting internal teams on the execution of the existent program implementation.
- Previous experience with testing in an industrial laboratory environment or quality control testing.
- Must be able to work 32-40 hours a week
- Second Shift (4 10s M-Th)
- Ability to interact with teams in US and other global locations.
- Proven analytical skills and highly comfortable with numbers.
- Must be able to lift up to 45lbs and team lift 50 -100+ lbs
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word) a necessity; CAD design a plus.
- Proven ability to accurate test and record data.
We are looking for the right person who reflects our values and supports our organizational goals. If you think you would be a good addition to our team, we encourage you to apply today.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top