Indirect Tax Compliance Sr Analyst
- Arlington, VA
Amazon is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Indirect Tax Compliance Senior Analyst based in Arlington, VA to be responsible for the indirect tax compliance function for multiple business lines (mainly digital and retail), arisen from local and non-resident tax registrations types in multiple ROW countries, and will require the individual to develop and execute a global Indirect Tax compliance program for a fast-growing organization with multiple legal entities globally.
This role requires excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and oral) as well as expert understanding of and fluency in Indirect Tax compliance best practices, from a holistic perspective.
By understanding other teams' functions, this role will be responsible for engaging with a wide number of business partners to inform impacts of law changes and expansions to our operations end-to-end from customer to vendor payments, to determine the best compliance methodology, providing clear expectations with all communications, addressing automation changes requests and helping to document business impacts, process changes, developing additional checks and data reconciliations methodologies for quality assurance and audit readiness.
The role will include indirect tax compliance responsibilities including supporting internal and external audits and will be expected to take ownership of Indirect Taxes checks and controls, identify process improvement opportunities and drive positive change across the organization.
We seek to be the most scientific Tax Compliance Team and we must scale faster through technology and simplified processes. Thus, an awareness of the evolving world of technology solutions as well as creativity and passion for process and quality improvements and collaboration will be key. This person will be able to manage projects efficiently and independently and work with Technical Project Managers responsible for disparate systems, and will be comfortable in a role as overall project manager for indirect taxes change management and coordinating tech implementations.
Responsibilities will include:
Working within the current compliance team:
• Prepare, review and submit Indirect Taxes returns and related filings
• Assist with Indirect Taxes registrations across various jurisdictions;
• Review of month-end account reconciliations
• Provide internal and external audit support, including data analysis;
• Assist with mapping Indirect Taxes processes and identify areas for improvement;
• Assist with Indirect Taxes compliance queries from Amazon businesses operating globally;
• Capturing indirect taxes metrics and detailed narratives around fluctuations and indirect taxes impacts arisen from business changes.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• CPA or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience in indirect tax transactions (VAT/GST), including in a public accounting firm, major law firm, or in industry
• Previous in-house experience within a multinational business and either legal or accountancy firm experience.
• Professional tax, accounting or legal qualification.
• Experience and knowledge of indirect taxes, ESS experience an asset.
• Accounting experience and proficiency with Oracle and related data analytics skills.
• Able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management.
• Chartered Accountant (or equivalent) or graduate degree in law, taxation, or accountancy.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and an understanding of tax law and tax treaties.
• Strong systems knowledge including Excel, Word, and ERP skills
• Project management skills
• Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects.
• Able to extract, analyze, and review data and make appropriate recommendations.
• Work effectively in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively on milestone driven projects.
• Able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top