Incident Manager II
- Austin, TX
Amazon is looking for a IT Engineer to join the Global OpsTechIT Incident Response Team (IRT).
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Call Leader who wants to remove risk to the customer, resolve globally impacting barriers, and drive innovation within the team. As a member of IRT you will be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to contribute and build a support and process model which will impact Amazon at a global level. You'll be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart and believe that world class service is critical to customer happiness.
On a typical day, the employee will lead high-severity response calls, ensure fast and accurate triage for a global remote support organization, direct engineers for resolution, lead root cause investigations, and implement changes to avert future risk and drive process improvements for Global Operation teams. Candidate must be forward thinking with a high degree of customer service focus and excellent communication skills. The Incident IT Call Leader serves as the liaison and escalation point to Field Operations and Field IT.
Your peers will be system and software support engineers working to ensure Fulfillment Center systems are healthy and available to meet customer demands. In this role you will have the opportunity to participate in solutions to business problems that are truly unique to Amazon. This is team is a global team, so strong communication skills are a must.
We value attention to detail, customer obsession, and desire to always find and remove customer issues.
• High school diploma or equivelent.
• 4+ years in Global Incident Management
• 4+ years in Problem Management experience
• 4+ years' experience in a network focused hands-on technical role working with IP routing protocols/technologies and platforms in large scale data center and/or WAN network environments.
• Experience supporting Field IT and Operation Partners in resolving and communicating high-severity problem impacts, defining root cause, and driving tasks to remove future risk.
• Experience communicating cross-functionally and across all management levels
• Experience with project management
• Good Exposure towards ticketing tools and integration
• Technical experience in one or more IT related fields including networking, Linux administration, Microsoft administration, and/or Cisco network configuration and management
• Detail oriented, excellent analytical skills, and a strong team player who works well with immediate and extended team, and consistently puts the team above oneself.
• Ability to work in and keep up with a fast moving environment via effective prioritization and time management. Experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments.
• Work 4 days 10 hours per shift (Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or technical discipline
• High Degree of ownership in all matters within IT infrastructure and root cause analysis
• Experience in high-severity triage, escalations and issue management
• Experience in Ticketing tools and its functions
• Thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking, IP routing, Server Load Balancing, Network Security architecture and core technologies such as IP, TCP, OSPF/IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, Server Load Balancers, Firewalls, ACLs, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, LDAP, NFS, etc.
• Experience with one or more of the following: router, server load balancer, and firewall vendor platforms: Cisco or Juniper.
• Some experience in one or more of the following: Working in a Linux/Unix environment. Possess Scripting skills or have desire to learn them; specifically, Python, Perl, or Shell.
• Demonstrated problem solving ability
• Superior technical aptitude
• Proven ability to manage complex tasks
• Strong analytical skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top