- Vancouver, Canada
Amazon is looking for a Incident Manager to join the Global OpsTechIT Incident Response Team (IRT).
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Call Leader who wants to remove risk to the customer, resolve globally impacting barriers, and drive innovation within the team. As a member of IRT you will be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to contribute and build a support and process model which will impact Amazon at a global level. You'll be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart and believe that world class service is critical to customer happiness.
On a typical day, the employee will lead high-severity response calls, ensure fast and accurate triage for a global remote support organization, direct engineers for resolution, lead root cause investigations, and implement changes to avert future risk and drive process improvements for Global Operation teams. Candidate must be forward thinking with a high degree of customer service focus and excellent communication skills. The Incident IT Call Leader serves as the liaison and escalation point to Field Operations and Field IT.
Your peers will be system and software support engineers working to ensure Fulfillment Center systems are healthy and available to meet customer demands. In this role you will have the opportunity to participate in solutions to business problems that are truly unique to Amazon. This is team is a global team, so strong communication skills are a must.
We value attention to detail, customer obsession, and desire to always find and remove customer
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 2 years Problem and Incident Management experience
• 4+ years of hands on IT systems or relevant experience in a commercial production environment
• 4+ years of experience in each of the following: Microsoft Administration, Linux Administration, or Cisco IOS (CLI)
• 4+ years of experience with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
• Technical experience with certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Cisco/CCNA, Linux (Redhat), Microsoft hardware (installation), AWS, or other industry relevant certifications
• Ability to work in and keep up with a fast moving environment via effective prioritization and time management. Experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments.
• Scripting skills or python
• Experience with project management and or ITIL
• Good Exposure toward ticketing tools and integration
• Detail oriented, excellent analytical skills, and a strong team player who works well with immediate and extended team, and consistently puts the team above oneself.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field
• Cisco or Networking certificates eg, CCNA, Network+(CompTIA)
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert and Microsoft Certified IT Professional Systems Administrator Certifications
• Tableau, Python, Business Intelligence, SQL
• Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
• Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
• Ability to manage high priority projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top