The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Sales Incentive Compensation team is seeking an Incentive Compensation Analyst to join our Operations team. As part of the Sales Incentive Compensation Operations team, you will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day administration of the IBM ICM (Varicent) compensation system for sales incentive-eligible employees globally. Objectives for this role will include driving operational process improvements in compensation quota management, compensation adjustments, quarterly payouts, compensation plan administration, and improving the scalability of our program tools.
This role requires working with global business owners in HR, Legal, Sales, Finance, Sales Operations, Revenue, Segmentation, and our Business Intelligence team to ensure the proper plan design, calculation, delivery and execution of sales commissions. Cross-team coordination, time management, and excellent communication skills are essential.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record for rolling up their sleeves, maintaining a high level of ownership and accountability and delivering best-in-class support to their internal and external customers.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Support the day-to-day administration of sales compensation plans including:
• Validating HR data
• Initial plan set up
• Quota and territory changes
• User acceptance testing (UAT) for process and system updates.
• Assist with the distribution of incentive compensation plans.
• Ensuring all compensation methodologies, policies, procedures and governance are followed.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders including, HR, Tax, and Legal to ensure all compensation methodologies, policies, and procedures are maintained in production.
• Support the global quarterly commission payout process including manual compensation adjustments, calculations and approval process.
• At least 2+ years recent experience in financial planning and analysis, sales operations, deal processing, or sales compensation (sales compensation experience highly preferred)
• Advanced skills in Excel
• Incentive compensation management system experience (Varicent preferred)
• Highly detailed driven with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills for internal collaboration that demonstrate business acumen.
• Experience in a hi-tech sales organization is a plus.
• Excellent written skills
• Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations
• Motivated self-starter, proactive, and action-oriented
• A Bachelor's degree in Business Management/Administration, Finance, Accounting or related fields.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.