IN Label Relations Lead
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born, and come to life.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming soundtracks and artist new releases, while having uninterrupted, anytime, any place access to their favourite music. Amazon Music's offerings are available in multiple countries, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in a way that enhances their day-to-day lives. We can be found on platforms such as the Amazon Echo, Kindle Fire, iOS, and Android as well as on a mixture of home and auto streaming platforms.
We are seeking an experienced Indian regional language specialist in Label relations for our team, in Mumbai to focus on language content across English, Tamil, Telegu, Malayalam, Kannada, Punjabi, Marathi, Bengali, Bhojpuri & Hindi etc.
Amazon Music's (AM) Label Relations (LR) team is an account management function; with primary responsibility for managing a large number of relationships with external major and independent record labels . These are business critical partnerships for AM, and the LR team therefore seeks positive, broad (and senior level) relationships across these stakeholders, with the ultimate objective of growing the business for both Amazon Music and our record label partners.
At a high level, the LR team has two primary goals when working with record labels: i) find and execute new business initiatives to our mutual benefit; and ii) engage and expand fan bases for partner artists/labels - in exchange for AM benefits such as unique content, artist partnerships, promotion/marketing etc.
LR also works cross-functionally (to a very large extent) with internal teams such as Programming, Editorial, Brand/Social Marketing, PR; as well as global counterparts to ensure the most efficient and impactful working relationships with AM's record label partners.
In this role, you will work closely with Amazon Music's India Business Head & the global Label Relations team.
LR works cross-functionally with internal teams such as Programming, Marketing / PR / Social, Merchandising, Operations, as well as our global teams.
If you are interested in music, growing a business at Amazon, working with top music industry executives, and providing customers great music experiences - please apply!
This position in based in Mumbai, India.
• University degree and 12+ years of experience in the entertainment industry
• Proven negotiating skills and influencing abilities with small and large label partners, artists, and artist managers
• Extensive industry knowledge & network
• Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management and meeting deadlines
• Strong communication skills - speaking, writing, and presenting
• Strong quantitative analysis, problem solving and project management skills
• Passion for music and digital innovations in the consumption of music
• An entrepreneurial way of thinking and a strong hands-on, results oriented mentality
• A great deal of personal initiative, creativity, decisiveness and team spirit
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
• Proactive attitude; willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
• Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
Back to top