IMDb Video Business Analyst
If you know IMDb, then you know we are the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content and probably wouldn't be surprised that we reach an audience of over 250 million unique visitors a month. Are you the sort of person who gets deeply excited about using deep data insight to help define what makes entertainment video relevant and engaging to users? Are you interested in driving real change to products and content in order to deliver the best video to IMDb customers? If so, we'd love to talk with you.
IMDb is going big on video – everything from new site experiences to IMDb Originals to making our content available wherever IMDb users are. We are looking for an analytical and creative Senior Business Analyst to drive business results by developing core metrics and KPIs for both on and off-platform video experiences and video content. This is an opportunity to dive deep into a developing space and play a key role in developing analytic insights to prioritize and guide IMDb Originals, video product development, and social media marketing. You'll be most successful if you possess a passion for developing insights, setting high standards, and providing information that drives a dynamic and multi-faceted space. This role will focus on the content we are producing and in addition to supporting product and marketing analysis, so excellent communication skills and an ability to work with a broad cross-section of people will serve you well. Being able to work with BI tools, model multidimensional datasets and improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes probably wouldn't hurt.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Bioinformatics, or related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in business analytics using business insights to deliver
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, intermediate SQL skills, and analytical platforms
- Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with data visualization tools
- Experience in data mining, ETL, etc. and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- Strong communication skills and experience using data and metrics to develop and measure programs
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline
- Proven ability at looking at solutions in unconventional ways
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to convey key insights from complex analysis in summarized business terms
- Ability to effectively communicate with creative and technical teams
- Interest in and knowledge of film, TV and pop culture
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top