Image Quality Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Ring is looking for an Image Quality Engineer, based in Taipei.
Image Quality Engineers perform new feature automation to propel testing and validation of the Ring family of cameras at factories. In addition, you will be responsible for analysis and characterization of various camera components to support current product capability and deliver new features and devices.
Image Quality Engineers focus on delivering tools, frameworks and testing infrastructure to facilitate the Image Quality testing process. They help to provide a means to test Image Quality at the device level, factory or lab setup, cloud, unit or user level with automated tools. IQ DETs have command of and utilize techniques to debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. They should be capable to manually investigate IQ issues as well as using objective metrics and specialized tools equipment. IQ DETs work with Camera Engineering, IQ Tuning Engineers and Color Scientists to understand features and technical implementation for camera tuning and how best to represent features through objective or subjective testing. SDETs also work with groups and organizations such as Product Management, Vendor and Factory Management to understand component usage models and develop test conditions and infrastructure that allows us to more directly simulate user behavior and test suites that approximate real-world environments for various types of products.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or relevant work experience.
2. 3+ year's experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products.
3. Knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
4. Knowledge in Camera Image Quality tools and methods, familiarity with ImaTest or similar tools.
5. Familiarity with types of IQ artifacts (noise, blemishes, color errors, etc.).
6. Experience in Python/Java coding as well as shell scripting.
7. Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
1. Experience with factory IQ Camera and/or lens testing automation.
2. Knowledge of automation platforms such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
3. Knowledge in the domain of Camera technology and Optics.
4. Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects.
5. Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
6. Knowledge of different image and video file formats and color spaces.
7. Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
8. Familiarity with camera and module calibration.
9. Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Back to top