Hybrid and Networking Technical Lead - AWS Well-Architected
- Seattle, WA
AWS Well-Architected is seeking a Senior Solutions Architect who will define and maintain best practices for Hybrid workloads in accordance with the AWS Well-Architected Framework. We want to help our customers understand how well architected best practices apply to their Hybrid and network engineering workloads.
The transformation from traditional linear distribution architectures to cloud architectures is accelerating at an amazing pace. Your role will be a thought leader and a community leader within AWS with a focus on the development and updates of prescriptive guidance that will help AWS customers identify their operational, security, reliability, performance, and cost requirements for hybrid-related workloads on AWS. You will then be available as a consultant during the development and operational phases. You will work with our product teams to define requirements and features desired by our customers. You will be a member of the global architecture subject matter experts, ensuring success for customers that develop and operate media workloads in the AWS Cloud. You will also be speaking at AWS events, developing whitepapers, creating and delivering labs, and creating other content, including reference implementations.
This senior autonomous role will focus on customer-facing guidance through remote and on-site engagements, participation in the global architecture guidance leadership, and speaking at AWS events. The role will also include collaboration with other AWS teams developing guidance frameworks for AWS customers. (e.g. Well-Architected framework [WA] , Cloud Adoption Framework [CAF], AWS Solutions Builders, AWS Product Teams, and more).
This role will work closely with our existing Well-Architected Pillar and Lens Leads. Location will be based in Seattle, WA or New York, NY.
This is an opportunity to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption and growth.
• As a trusted advisor, solve some of the most complex and large-scale challenges faced by AWS customers ranging from rapidly growing cloud-native start-ups to global enterprises migrating to AWS.
• As a Thought Leader, provide the focus to a community of Subject Matter Experts to create content that will better deliver prescriptive guidance to AWS Customers.
• Constantly gather feedback from AWS customers to gain a deep understanding of their needs and technical challenges, and to ensure they achieve the greatest value from AWS as they scale.
• Meet with AWS customers who implement media workloads at scale to understand and communicate any previously unidentified best practices.
• Use feedback from AWS customers, AWS field team members, and AWS service teams develop and improve hybrid workload guidance artifacts and resources.
• Help with uplift and enablement for hybrid workload implementations and capabilities of customers, while mentoring other AWS field team members.
• Hands-on experience deploying, managing and architecting hybrid workloads in a production environment.
• Understanding of next-gen networking technologies as it pertains to "The Edge".
• Understands large-scale complex distributed systems from an operational effectiveness, security, and reliability perspective.
• Strong automation mindset and passion to identify or develop strategies to mitigate manual intervention going forward.
• Track record of designing and implementing cloud best practices (e.g. architecting, provisioning, deployment, monitoring, incident management, continual service improvement, cost containment, etc.)
• Ability to work globally.
• Experience as a Senior Solutions Architect/Consultant supporting hybrid workloads across a variety of implementations.
• On-premises with Cloud Bursting
• Hybrid Prod/Dev On-Prem to Cloud
• Data Center Migration
• Large Scale Edge Deployments with Cloud Coordination
• AWS Certifications (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Professional, AWS DevOps Professional, etc.)
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional or military experience.
Back to top