We are looking for an experienced HW / SW system engineer for the Nitro cards product team (https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/nitro/) . Our products include the most advanced interfaces and technologies and widely used across AWS data centers as backbone for Nitro and other services. The candidate will serve as first line of operational health and support for Annapurna Labs' smart NIC products in AWS data centers.
What you will do: As a member of a product team you will own complex system debugs involving HW, FW and SW components. You will deal with functional and integration aspects related to complex systems integrating several entities interacting with each other through network and/or PCIe. These will be running on Linux, Windows, and bare metal OS. You will be involved in architecture decisions, integrations, deployments and debugging related to complex systems while also providing remote and on-site support to our AWS global colleagues.
You will also provide leadership by driving the teams around you to raise the bar and deliver higher quality product on behalf of Amazon customers. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you will work with thought leaders in multiple areas of technology. You will set high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and will be constantly looking for ways to improve the performance, quality, cost and reliability of products and services you own. We are changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
You duties will include:
• Lead triage, debug and root cause analysis of systems in AWS data centers
• Enhancing the ability to trouble shot issues and driving for closure of in-fleet problems
• Analyze customers` mode of work / requirements and provide resolutions accordingly
• Co-work with Annapurna Labs monitoring team and other root cause teams to improve quality and reliability of products operation in the fleet
• Provide Annapurna Labs' ASIC design, SW development, QA and architecture teams information and requirements from customers' fleet operation perspectives and represent the customer voice
• Drive and maintain trainings, quality documentation and collateral in order to improve in-fleet operation
• Design and define various tools and scripts to provide support to projects and customize it as per requirement.
• Willing to travel per need few times a year
Why it matters: Amazon has thousands of unique services, both big and small, which power the retail website (Amazon.com), Amazon Web Services, Echo, Kindle, Amazon Instant Video, and more. These services run on hardware around the world. We continually need to deploy newer, innovative, and more efficient and cost-effective hardware. Your work will be instrumental to ensure high customer satisfaction Amazon is aiming, by improving the performance and reliability of our services. Your work will affect development teams and customers around the world.
Why you will love it: You will have exposure to teams and leaders across the entire company. You will be part of a leading edge research and development team. You will see many aspects of Amazon business. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to improve things for our developers. You will be part of a growing, fast-paced, and fun team. You will have ownership and responsibility for defining and executing processes that deliver both savings and productivity for Amazon.
To learn more about Annapurna Labs, you are welcome to watch the following videos from the recent re:Invent conference:
AWS re:Invent 2020 - Infrastructure keynote with Peter DeSantis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaYNwOh90Pg
AWS re:Invent 2020: Deep dive on AWS Graviton2 processor-powered EC2 instances - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLysl0QvqXU
• B.Sc. in Electrical / Computer / SW Engineering
• 5+ years Design / Debug Experience in at least one area - HW / FW / SW
• 3+ years' experience working with systems and experience with their SW, FW and HW components
• Basic skills in scripting: Python / Bash etc.
• High communication skills
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills
• Computer architecture knowledge
• High-speed interfaces knowledge and debug capabilities- PCIe, Ethernet, DDR etc.
• Experience with server (x86 / ARM) design or architecture.
• Experience with operating systems, boot loaders, networking, and remote debugging
• Ability to drive cross team and cross disciplinary activities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability.