HV / MV Electrical Design Engineer - Data Centers
- Puteaux, France
Amazon Web Services is seeking an Electrical Engineer to become part of a global engineering team, responsible for the design and continuous innovation of our rapidly expanding data center foot print.
What we offer:
Amazon offers a fast paced, fun, and exciting work environment. We continue to grow at exponential rates and are looking for individuals that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning experiences. Amazon's work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate.
We are the leaders in our industry. We always strive to improve in every aspect of our business. Continuous improvement through Lean Engineering practices is fundamental to our business. As an engineer within our team you will spend a regular part of your time analyzing and improving every aspect of our value stream.
Engineers at Amazon work to design resilient, cost effective electrical distribution systems. We are responsible for achieving a world class uptime for our customers. We justify and communicate the technical decisions we make to Sr. Management and work hard to drive continuous advancements and improvements with our designs. In this role, you have the ability to drive change and define/design the systems our customers rely on.
Working on multi-million dollar designs that support our array of businesses and wide variety of customers. Great ideas are encouraged and supported. Ingenuity is the main mechanism which supports our focus on quality, speed, and cost.
You will be responsible for taking designs from concept to the permit and construction document set. Defining critical equipment specifications and approving equipment submittals you will indirectly support construction and be a part of the process from site selection review through commissioning and ultimately turnover. Being relied on as a subject matter expert in the electrical engineering field, we highly support continued learning opportunities and focus on continued employee development.
Amazon has a global presence. 25% travel will be expected as part of this role. International support will be part of the job, and some international travel may be necessary. Support could consist of working on international teams and could require developing schematic and design document packages
What you will be doing:
• Data center electrical designs and collaboration with other disciplines to create a construction document set.
• HV/MV substations design
• Participating in site selection reviews and site planning activities
• Critical electrical substation equipment design
• Design and collaborate with other disciplines to create a construction document set.
• Creating of designs which meet or exceed our quality requirements and fall within our budgetary requirements.
• Working with regional vendors and manufacturers to specify the appropriate electrical equipment.
• Working with local utilities to understand and define site utility requirements.
• Working with local agencies having jurisdiction to ensure compliance with IEC, EU requirements and building codes.
• Reviewing and approval of equipment submittals.
• Defining project scope and provide technical support for information requests prior to, and during construction phases.
• Working with commissioning teams to properly test and validate installation, operation, and performance of electrical systems.
• Ability to work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions.
• Travelling to sites for site review and work with onsite field engineers, as well as provide engineering evaluations, electrical systems audits, and startup as needed.
• Being a leader within the global group as well as within internal and external teams that support Amazon's data centers.
• Having fun and offering creative, out of the box solutions.
Please Apply With Your CV / LinkedIn Profile In English
• Degree in an Electrical Engineering.
• Cumulative 4+ years of experience with power systems and mission critical electrical design.
• Excellent understanding of the European Electrical Codes
• Detailed understanding of critical LV, MV and HV electrical equipment.
• Detailed understanding of relays, protections schemes, high-voltage circuit breakers, power and distribution transformers electrical switchgear, grounding and earthing.
• Ability to research new designs, technologies, and construction methods of data center equipment and facilities.
• Ability to carry new design concepts through exploration, development, and into deployment/construction.
• The ability to perform complex business case analysis to justify technical decisions and present the justification to management in a high level review.
Please Apply With Your CV / LinkedIn Profile In English
• Chartered Engineer
• Master's degree in an Electrical Engineering.
• 3 years of experience directly related to data center or mission critical facility design.
• Previous consultant negotiation and management skills associated with design, construction and project execution.
• Experience with fast track design/build projects and or multiple significant upgrade projects.
• Experience with large scale technical operations or large-scale compute farms.
• Knowledge of building codes and regulations.
• An ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on quality, reliability, or maintainability.
• Possess leadership and problem solving skills.
• Be a motivated, highly dependable individual.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top