Amazon is growing at an amazing pace and Canada is one of our fastest growing regions with about 30,000+ employees in more than 13 work locations. The HR Risk & Compliance Specialist is responsible for establishing and conducting HR audits across Canadian FCs. This is an exciting and varied role that encompasses a variety of tasks including the development and implementation of compliance procedures, review of regulatory obligations, and partnering with HR and internal stakeholders to deliver critical projects.
This role can be located at any of our Canadian facilities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Support on-site and virtual compliance audits, produce audit reports detailing results and remediation plans
• Proactively identify compliance issues requiring follow-up; serve as point of contact for reporting irregularities
• Consult with employment legal and HR policy, process, and system owners
• Develop a deep understanding of Canada employment policies and drive policy updates and changes when necessary or required
• Leverage technology and process development tools to enhance productivity by focusing on 'mission-critical' compliance activities
• Assist with the development and implementation of written compliance policies, procedures and guidelines, in accordance with laws and regulations specific to the business
• Assist with training content and awareness materials for related compliance topics
• Maintain relevant knowledgebase resources, intranet website content and SharePoint sites
• Work closely with FCs and internal stakeholders to access, pull, and analyze data from a variety of HR data sources. Own and drive analyses of data to identify relationships, trends, and potential business impact; interpret data and communicate findings to HR Risk & Compliance Manager
5 years exposure to Human Resource functions and audit, risk management, or a relevant field experience
Bachelor's degree required
Technically proficient in Microsoft Office Suite systems including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Familiarity with ALL provincial employment legislation
Bilingual (French and English) written and spoken
Experience working in a large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and drive forward results
Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary; sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
Proven analytical capabilities; experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive health care, restricted stock units, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.