HR Program Manager, Exits/Employee Lifecycle
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, our customer-centric products and services continue to grow and expand thanks to our fellow Amazonians and their passion to deliver innovative technologies, extensive global retail selection, and world class operations. Employees come to Amazon to do meaningful work, and we make that easier by removing barriers, fixing defects, and enabling self-service. Applying to, working at, and leaving Amazon should be frustration-free experiences. By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Amazon is seeking a customer-obsessed Program Manager to help upgrade the experience of employees departing the organization. As a Program Manager on the Employee Services Exits team, you will champion the innovation needed to deliver a flawless termination experience, including 100% accuracy of employee final pay. Success in this role will involve driving cross-functional partnerships to identify, design and implement value added efficiency workflows that will change the way we manage terminations globally. It will require a broad set of skills ranging from strategic thinking, to effective decision making when faced with tradeoffs between schedule, resources and scope. Projects may include process improvements, technology driven solutions, and the development and deployment of specialized Exits programs.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of:
• Collaborating on or leading medium to large projects from initiation through delivery involving multiple teams.
• Setting or collaborating on business objectives in order to deliver solutions with the most efficient use of resources and technologies.
• Building cross-functional partnerships, working closely with HR, Payroll, Legal, and other departments to achieve program objectives and drive increased customer engagement.
• Building project plans and templates such as project schedules, risk logs, status reports, etc.
• Successfully identifying and implementing process improvements using data to inform priority
• Analyzing the needs of multiple stakeholders to improve projects.
• Demonstrating a bias for action and an ability to deal with great ambiguity; one of the key success criteria for this position is the ability to effectively drive change in loosely defined situations.
• Balancing big picture thinking to define strategy while staying on top of details to ensure smooth delivery.
• Bachelor's in business, HR or related field
• 5+ years of HR, project or program management related experience
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholder teams, such as HR, operations, legal, payroll, and tech
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Advanced knowledge of HR/Payroll processes and systems that help administer or control pay programs
• Strength in verbal and written communication
• Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
• MBA Preferred
• PMP Preferred
• A passion for experimentation and innovation
• Experience in a complex, matrixed, global organization
• Prior experience in HR shared services, payroll, operations, and/or compliance
Back to top