HR Program Manager
Program Manager - Employee Resource Center
Amazon is seeking a results-oriented project and program specialist to join the Employee Resource Center (ERC) to lead cross-functional, global initiatives that will improve the candidate and employee experience. This hands-on role will partner with Operations and Corporate HR, Business Partners, Technical Partners, Legal, and Compliance to provide innovative business solutions to meet Amazon's growth initiatives. Objectives for this role will include building new solutions, processes and policies to support service expansion. Projects will provide a variety of challenging initiatives including driving automated solutions, transferring documented solutions to Operations and Corp HR teams, driving adoption efforts, and identifying opportunities to add controls to current HR practices.
- Scale services and tools – design automated solutions, processes and procedures that will scale with Amazon's growth in volume and complexity - successfully manage all aspects of project implementation working in partnership with local HR teams
- Manage Change- work closely with learning and development and communications partners to instill a culture of change, sustainability and fast adoption of innovative ideas
- Define key performance indicators – develop metrics and service level agreements for core programs and transactions, track delivery against program objectives, identify HR Ops headcount requirements, lead improvement initiatives and encourage a culture of efficiency, innovation, and customer service
- Build cross-functional partnership – work closely with HR, Legal, Business Groups, and other departments to achieve expansion objectives impacting the Americas, develop strong partnerships with HR Managers and HR business partners across locations and geographies
- Drive program objectives – provide program management and define project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop all processes and documentation for service rollout and ongoing support
- Development - work closely with peers to establish a strong program management office for HR Operations by sharing your expertise, tools and driving a culture of customer obsession and bias for action.
The HR Services Work Authorization Team manages work authorization for candidates and employees in the Americas. Our goal is to create the most efficient and effective experience for Amazon's candidates and new hires while ensuring maximum compliance with worker eligibility programs.
- Bachelor's degree in business, HR or related field
- 5+ years of HR or related experience, knowledge of HR Operations, including employee onboarding, work authorization, or screening programs
- Graduate degree and/or MBA preferred
- Experience with I-9, background check, or drug testing programs
- Experience managing multiple internal and external vendors
- Strategic view, able to perform cost benefit analyses, accurately assess risk, forecast both long and short-term outcomes, and evaluate the implications in a complex business environment
- Experience identifying and resolving issues independently - solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
- Customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations – ability to serve multiple customers (candidates, employees, managers, legal partners)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers as well as setting and managing expectations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top