HR Finance Data Engineer III
- Seattle, WA
The Human Resources Finance Technology team within Amazon's Financial Planning & Analysis organization is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Engineer to join our team in Seattle. You will be building world class big data applications to support Amazon Human Resources. If you enjoy innovating, thinking big and want to contribute directly to the success of a growing team, you may be a prime candidate for this position.
As a Sr. Data Engineer on the HR Finance Tech team, you will
• Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, EMR, Python, Spark, Redshift, Lambda, and Matillion
• Build and deliver high quality data architecture to support business intelligence engineer and program managers' reporting needs.
• Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
• Drive both business and technology solutions to improve visibility into key Amazon HR metrics.
• Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
• Translate data into actionable insights for the stakeholders.
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
• 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
• 5+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python, Scala, etc.
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing. Data Warehousing
• Experience with Redshift, Oracle, NoSQL etc.
• Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR, Kinesis and RDS.
• Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
• Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.
• Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing.
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age
Back to top