HR Finance Application Developer II
Amazon's HR Finance team has an immediate opening for an Application Developer.
In this role, the successful candidate will develop and maintain a set of new systems and tools that will provide our team and the HR business partners we support with fast, accurate, and easily accessible financial and non-financial information.
In addition to requiring a high level of technical expertise, this role is about understanding the needs of the business, the data behind it, and how to transform this information into technical solutions that allow the business to make swift, informed decisions.
The ideal candidate is passionate about building tools that enhance productivity and has expertise in all phases of the software development life cycle in building solutions that scale over time while balancing accuracy, flexibility and speed.
- Manipulating, mining, and combining data from multiple databases (SQL Server, Redshift, and Oracle DW).
- Delivering reliable, scalable, and efficient Cognos TM1 solutions by managing all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, modeling & design, development, testing, deployment, integration, and documentation.
- Creating automated metrics using complex databases.
- Maintaining complex financial and non-financial hierarchies.
- Providing analytical network support.
- 4+ years of Cognos TM1 work experience in developing end-to-end analytics solutions, including system configuration, model building, data security, and reporting
- Experience with dimension management software processes and MDM tools (Oracle DRM)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Oracle, OLAP, and data warehousing concepts
- Experience with third-party ETL tools (IBM Data Stage or Data Manager, Informatics, etc.)
- Experience architecting business solutions that leverage the right technology
- Experience advocating and proliferating best practices in reporting and analysis, including data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Experience in providing risk assessment for new functionality and enhancements, and identify process improvement opportunities to drive innovation
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or a related technical discipline
- Direct experience using Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tools, preferably Cognos v10x (Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Workspace, Framework Manager), or similar technology (OBIEE, Business Objects, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SAP, etc.)
- Experience developing scorecards and dashboards
- Familiarity and development experience with web services technologies is a strong plus (e.g. HTTPS, REST, XML, JSON, etc.)
- Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, Redshift, and Aurora
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Quick learner with a positive attitude and professional demeanor, and strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Master's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or a related technical discipline
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top