HR Business Partner - Transaction Risk Management Systems (TRMS), Seattle Operations
The mission of Transaction Risk Management Systems (TRMS) is to make Amazon the safest and most trusted place on Earth by protecting the innocent and deterring the ill-intentioned. We enable customers to transact throughout the Amazon ecosystem with confidence by building fraud and abuse tools that are applicable across business lines, geographies, product types (e.g. physical, digital), and payment methods. By monitoring behavior across Amazon, TRMS is uniquely positioned to holistically block attacks while reducing customer friction.
TRMS protects customers from identity threats (username and password combinations obtained from external sites by malicious hackers), blocked fraud attacks against Amazon saving our company money that goes into the bottom line. We use a combination of machine learning algorithms and an extremely talented group of investigators to help prevent fraud. Every new business that is launched on Amazon (think Amazon Go, Amazon Pay, etc.) depends on our technology and investigators to keep our customers safe. You would be part of a team directly contributing to Amazon's bottom line!
In this position, you will support the TRMS Seattle Operations team where you will establish and implement HR strategies that foster the organization and people development for the department. Even more, you will provide leadership for initiatives that support talent management, performance management, new leader coaching, organizational design, change management, and employee relations. If that wasn't enough, you will work on projects that not only impact WW Operations TRMS, but also the Amazon Marketplace and Consumer organizations. Essentially, YOU will be critical in helping us maintain our peculiar culture!
You will need strong analytical skills and the ability to translate client goals into human resource capabilities needed to achieve results. The person in this role must be able to interface effectively with exempt and non-exempt employees at all levels. You'll need excellent communication skills, strategic thinking and planning ability, and the agility to function in a fast paced and innovative environment.
A Bachelor's Degree is required with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a professional HR role. Individuals must have broad knowledge and experience in human resource management, especially in performance management, employee relations, and coaching. The ideal individual will have demonstrated experience supporting employee populations in large enterprise environments.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required
- 3+ years of experience in human resource management, especially in performance management, employee relations, and coaching.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis
- Proven ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
- Excellent written and verbal communication; high quality document preparation and presentation skills
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively as an active member of both business and HR teams
- Excellent knowledge of employment laws such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment
- Able to travel as appropriate
- Resilient and able to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with a high level of energy and sense of humor
- Ability to develop strong working relationships
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- Experience in the development and administration of HR projects.
- Bring new and innovative solutions to help scale the organization
- Ability to understand the need and use of data in driving decision making and outlining a roadmap of deliverables
- Ability to translate ambiguous goals into concrete actions and drive results
- Global HR experience
- Organizational design and change management experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top