HR Business Partner
Are you an HR Business Partner dedicated to building a workplace for clients to invent on behalf of customers? Do you have a passion for testing hypotheses about talent acquisition, talent retention, and talent development techniques in a scientific way? Do you possess the ability to make high judgment decisions and prioritize work that is most impactful? Do you speak with data and favor straightforward, two-way communication? Do you want to be part of a fast growing, cutting-edge business and technology team that builds and operates a global e-Commerce platform that enables B2B and B2C Sellers to sell to millions of Amazon customers?
If so, the HRBP role supporting Amazon's Marketplace Seller Recruiting and Development team is for you. You'll be embedded as an HR partner in a fast growing team of leaders with a high degree of talent ranging from Engineering, Product management, Marketing and sales, and Data science.
In this role, you would be helping business leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention, organizational effectiveness and the employee experience. You will work with global teams, driving organizational change initiatives and develop talent management plans for a fast growing client group. Working closely with specialist HR teams and international HR colleagues, you will also play a key role in shaping organizational effectiveness, career development, and rewards.
In addition, this role will be accountable for driving key initiatives and projects in areas such as such as onboarding, employee relations, culture, diversity, and management capability / leadership development, as well as facilitating annual talent management processes. This is a great opportunity to be a true owner in a fast-paced, growing, environment, helping people to successfully join and thrive in our unique customer-centric culture.
To be successful, you must understand the business units you are supporting. You will need strong analytic skills and the ability to translate big thinking and goals into human resource capabilities needed to achieve results. You must be able to interface effectively with professionals at all levels. You will need excellent communication skills, strategic thinking, program management, planning ability, and the agility to function in a fast paced and innovative environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with senior management and the HR team to develop and implement HR plans and solutions.
- Assisting with roll out of new initiatives and projects including compensation strategy, performance management, talent management, and career development.
- Assisting with performance management and compensation processes
- Partnering with appropriate internal stakeholders on workers compensation, employee relations, leave of absences, stock, etc.
- Assisting with other projects such as diversity, employee satisfaction and recognition programs
- Ownership of critical employee information such as talent data, attrition and promotions
- Provide management coaching and training where needed to front line managers and senior leaders.
- Leverage analytical capabilities to influence business partners with data-driven recommendations.
- Partner with business and HR leadership to influence Organizational Design.
A Bachelor's Degree is required with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a professional HR role. Individuals must have broad knowledge and experience in human resource management, especially in performance management, employee relations, and coaching. The ideal individual will have demonstrated experience supporting employee populations in large enterprise environments.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required
- 3+ years of experience in human resource management, especially in performance management, employee relations, and coaching.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis
- Proven ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
- Excellent written and verbal communication; high quality document preparation and presentation skills
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively as an active member of both business and HR teams
- Excellent knowledge of employment laws such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment
- Able to travel as appropriate
- Resilient and able to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with a high level of energy and sense of humor
- Ability to develop strong working relationships
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- Experience in the development and administration of HR projects.
- Ability to translate ambiguous goals into concrete actions and drive results
- Global HR experience
- Organizational design and change management experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top