HR Business Partner, Alexa Data Services and Applied Modeling and Data Science Operations
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
JOB DESCRIPTION The Alexa Data Services and Applied Modeling and Data Science Operations organizations under the Alexa organization is looking for a motivated and talented HRBP based in Boston, MA. As an HRBP, you will partner with your business leaders to establish and implement HR strategies that foster the organization and people development for the US operations teams of Alexa.
The HR Business Partner serves as a liaison between the business line and HR to assess human resources needs in areas such as employment, performance management, compensation, career development and management development, and competency development. To be successful, you must understand the business units you are supporting. The role will require the ability to establish HR priorities and operating mechanisms to drive change. You'll need excellent communication skills, strategic thinking and planning ability, and the agility to function in a fast paced and innovative environment.
- Work with leaders to develop and implement HR plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results.
- Partner with leaders on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment
- Review and analyze data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience
- Provide management coaching to build leadership capabilities to address and resolve employee issues
- Work with line managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balance in representing all parties' interests. This role will provide HR partnership to managers that oversee a large number of non-exempt Associates
- Client groups may also include other functions outside of core operations such as technology, project management and/or enginnering
- Assess business unit's human resources training needs and conduct 1:1 and/or group training sessions as appropriate
- Implement/administer/interpret corporate policies/programs/procedures
- Partner with managers to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their fullest potential
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling
- 5-8 years of HR experience
- 3 years in a HRBP type of role supporting an operations function with large non-exempt workforce
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment with strong multitasking skills
- Experience in OD or other HR functions will be a good plus
- SHRM certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills; High quality document and report preparation
- Experience in advising managers and handling a large volume of employee relations issues
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
- Demonstrated ability to coach managers and supervisors to use company best practices for maximum effectiveness
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top