HR Business Partner - Amazon Logistics
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation.
The Amazon HR team is passionate about business partnering in its truest sense. Reporting to the Regional HR Manager, you will play a critical role in delivering the HR plan at our delivery stations in the South. You will work closely with the operations teams at numerous sites in your region providing pragmatic, commercial and employee-focused advice and support to a client group of operations and area managers as well as several support functions. You will utilize your excellent communication, coaching and influencing skills to drive employee engagement and manage change, ensuring that we retain motivated teams of employees who can deliver an excellent service to our customers.
Business Area: Operations Amazon Logistics
Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is completed on behalf of our customers and meeting and often exceeding their expectations makes us feel good.
The Operations team in AMZL are responsible for managing fast-efficient delivery of our customer orders (last mile) and are the final stage in Amazon delivery on our customer promise and they work very hard to ensure that our customers receive their orders on time, everytime.
For more information about Amazon Operations, visit our microsite: www.amazon-operations.co.uk
Company Culture Steward:
As a HRBP you will actively apply your understanding of Amazon's Leadership Principles and values when consulting with Senior Operations Managers, Operations Managers and Functional Heads on Coaching plans, team meetings, employee development and promotions, role modelling our leadership principles during your interactions with associates and leaders.
Organisational Development and Planning:
You will work with your closely with you operational partners to define key business goals and priorities. To inform your priorities you will possess an absolute and intimate knowledge and understanding of all core metrics; applying these to your core areas of HR responsibility in order to prioritise work and set goals. You will also provide input into organisational design discussions i.e. information about talent for succession planning and attrition risks.
As a HRBP you will implement projects that address workplace environment, employee engagement or retention issues. You will conduct diagnostics to identify trends and environmental ER or workplace issues, communicating findings and formulating and deploying strategic remedies to identified work place issues. As a Senior HRBP you conduct investigations into employee relations issues in consultation with management at site and where required in the UK network. You will also support the roll-out of network compliance initiatives as well as understanding and independently counselling the business regarding local employment law and legislation changes.
Workforce Planning and Recruitment:
As a HRBP you will lead on hiring, partnering with your respective Operational/Functional Heads. You may participate in site and UK network interviews panels and also participate in peer level interviews. You will use your influence to help drive hiring decisions and are able to diffuse where decisions may be in conflict.
Talent Management & Development:
As a HRBP you will share information and act as a central resource for all talent practices; actively partnering leaders on talent development and performance improvement initiatives. You will also drive, identify and manage forward looking promotions, Senior Manager coaching and development planning in order to aid succession planning and business growth. You will lead the execution of the Talent Review process across site and follow through of outcomes and next steps, preparing managers, providing training/guidance on tools. You will also provide guidance and support to managers on performance related matters in more general terms, ensuring that performance issues are documented accurately within associated tools and progress is reported.
As a HRBP you are able to analyse and pull reports from various HR tools and ensure integrity of data through daily scrutiny, being obsessive about using the data in order to identify process improvements within direct area of work; using data to drive decision making and action while developing narrative documents to build the business case for your innovative change campaigns. You will possess excellent change management skills, partnering with Associate Forum as a one key enabler of change on site. You apply and assimilate the fundamentals of employment law with your deep understanding of Amazon policies and procedures to your operational managers and colleagues, identifying both gaps in policy and process as well as leader knowledge. You will be responsible for the roll out of new policy changes/services and ensures business adoption and/or understanding of changes recommending exceptions to policies with input from Sr. Leaders or HR Management.
As a HRBP you will effectively set the direction for individuals to achieve department or function level goals as well as building robust launch plans for Operations, providing regular coaching and feedback to the operational team to help grow individual functional skills and leadership capability. You are able to demonstrate your understanding of the Amazon performance and leadership bar and effectively apply these to great hiring decisions of team members. You understand, translate and execute the practices of performance management and improvement, challenging, coaching, and supporting your team so they may in turn hold their team members accountable for their own performance.
As a HRBP you understand and are able to communicate the HR vision to team members. You possess intimate knowledge and understanding of all core metrics and are able to translate these for your department of responsibility in order to prepare a reasoned argument in order to influence and drive change initiatives. You are able to assess behaviors and coach indirect reports to demonstrate leadership principles within their role. You will also create local departmental strategy to address medium to long term issues surrounding employee relations, working collaboratively with the other HR Business Partners for business area inputs.
• You will be a progressive, hands on and customer obsessed individual with the credibility and gravitas to succeed in a fast moving and customer focused operational environment;
• Previous experiences as HRBP or equivalent in a global and multi-national company with demonstrated success in meeting exceptionally high standards in a high volume, fast-paced, hands-on, technical environment;
• You will have a deep problem solving and analytical capability; experience of managing and analyzing HR metrics to find root causes and develop short, medium and long-term plans;
• You will be able to develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels Have a proven hands-on attitude, be flexible and adaptable;
• You will be able to demonstrate the ability to motivate others and influence work behaviors;
• You will have strong change management, negotiation and influencing skills;
• You should possess an intellectual curiosity, bring valuable insight into the team/business;
• You will be able to operate with discretion, reliability and role modelling leadership principals;
• You are able to work independently, multitask, organise and prioritise your workload and work to strict deadlines - the ability to deliver quality results against challenging deadlines is paramount;
• You will possess a high level of attention to detail and drive yourself to deliver work to a high standard; and
• You are able to operate in a challenging and fast paced environment.
The successful candidate will be progressive, strategic and customer-obsessed with the credibility and gravitas to succeed in a fast moving and customer-focused commercial environment. The successful candidate will:
• Have significant HR experience as a senior leader , ideally within a high volume, fast paced and customer focussed environment
• Have the ability to develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels
• Have a proven hands-on attitude, be flexible and adaptable.
• Demonstrate the ability to motivate others and influence work behaviours
• Possess strong change management, negotiation and influencing skills
• Have intellectual curiosity, bringing valuable insight into the team / business
• Be experienced in managing a team of HR professionals
• Excellent communication, coaching and interpersonal skills as well as the agility to function in an innovative environment is essential;
• You will have experience in within a fast paced environment committed to customer service and continual process improvement;
• You will possess deep knowledge of UK employment law with the ability to apply it in a practical and user friendly way;
• Able to operate with discretion, reliability and role model our leadership principals;
• Able to handle sensitive and personal information in a professional and confidential manner;
• You are able to work independently, multitask, organise and prioritise work to strict deadlines - the ability to deliver quality results against challenging deadlines is paramount;
• You will have experience working with hourly paid/shop floor employees and well and managers and senior leaders