HR Business Partner
- Liverpool, Australia
That's our slogan, and we stand by it. Given our commitment to Human Resources excellence, we're confident that every one of our team members can also get behind it.
And year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members fulfilled, motivated and empowered.
Plan The Future With Us
We need more brilliant, human-centred thinkers like you to help us strategise, implement and maintain our next set of Human Resources initiatives. That's why we're hiring a talented HR Business Partner to support our Amazon Logistics teams part of our wider Operations for the region. With time, this will prove beneficial to your profile. Amazon's Operations lies at the heart of the Amazon customer experience: each and every action we take is driven by meeting customer expectations also one of the company's core values.
The HR Business Partner vacancy is a crucial full-time role, in spearheading further development of our Logistics Operations teams based in the area. With your team by your side, you'll be the driving force behind all associated HR programmes and initiatives, as part of maximising employee engagement and retention.
Please note: Location of this role can be flexible within the Sydney area
How You'll Shine
First and foremost, you'll be responsible for delivering the holistic, world-class HR service that these growing teams deserve. One of the most important, value-added aspects of your role will be acting as a consultant, or, as a bridge between Management and frontline team members. So your mission, should you choose to accept it: implement all-important initiatives to drive and maintain an overall culture of excellent employee relations and healthy communications.
Your Profile and Responsibilities
With your overall mission in mind, you'll bring your world-class evaluative, problem-solving skills to the table, including:
• Proactive gathering of data from appropriate sources
• In-depth root cause analysis
• Consistent reference to long-term plans and goals
• Followed up by decisive and confident action.
• You'll develop and maintain a healthy relationship with our associates
• You'll coach and mentor leaders from across the Amazon Logistics teams
• You'll maintain an emphasis on continuous improvement and best practices, to be shared with other teams, as well as with Amazon's Finance and Payroll departments
• You'll develop innovative, user-friendly shift models alongside creative, flexible working time models
• Bachelors degree or equivalent
• 5+ years HR experience within an international, fast-paced and customer driven environment,
• Previous experience in an operations environment
• Strong ability to prioritise and to meet your deadlines,
• In-depth knowledge of Australian labour laws
• Demonstrable ability to positively persuade and influence: you're a skilled negotiator
• Proven affinity for working in large scale workforce management: able to provide meaningful, educational counselling to Line managers
• You bring the ability to step back and look at long term vision, for departmental growth
• You're generous with your intellectual curiosity: you bring insight to the team from outside the company and further afield
• You're also resourceful, and comfortable with occasional ambiguity regarding projects and tasks
• Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be advantageous.
All the while, you'll keep your eyes on the prize: building up these growing teams and cementing Amazon's wider Operations as a great place to work. In the process you'll show deep understanding of the unique challenges faced by customer-facing, highly interactive teams like these, and support their interests accordingly.
If you're interested in joining a fast-growing and innovative company, and you meet the above requirements, don't hesitate to apply today!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Back to top