HR Assistant Intern 2021 Nationwide United States
- Vancouver, Canada
University Human Resources Assistant Intern
BY SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION TO THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR NATIONWIDE OPPORTUNITIES
This is a ten-week internship (40 hours per week) during the summer of 2021.
Amazon is looking for college students with high potential, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Human Resources as a human resources assistant intern. As an HR intern, you will learn how to promote and maintain positive employee relations for the associates and managers within our fulfillment centers. Amazon provides extensive training and development for interns to learn to become exceptional HR leaders.
As an HR intern, you will have the opportunity to learn all areas of HR with some areas of focus including: benefits and compensation issues, leave of absences, performance management, wage and hour issues, as well as assist with recruitment and retention activities. The HR intern will work closely with Sr. HRA's at one of Amazon's Fulfillment Centers.
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer's Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations! Our Operation's workflow can be broken three major lanes: first mile - where the product is housed and ready for your order; second mile - where your order is hauled to your area; and last mile - when the product is delivered to your door. Please note that all lanes have slight building variations, but one thing is constant, our vision and dedication to the customer.
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
• The position is NOT a corporate role and will be located in a fulfillment center, sort center, delivery station, or other warehouse environment
• Must be willing to relocate nationwide for the summer with relocation assistance if qualified (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
• Term: Ten weeks during summer of 2021
• Competitive salary, relocation (if qualified), and housing assistance (if qualified) • An offer for full-time employment upon graduation may be given after the internship
Key responsibilities that you will learn:
• Drive HR initiatives and continuous improvement through an intern project • Recruiting and selection: Manage on-site transfers, promotions, and hourly hiring from posting, selection, recruiting systems management, and onboarding
• Varied aspects of human resources including: Employee relations, HR data analytics, compensation and payroll, compliance, and performance management • Work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts
• Work overtime both in peak season and as needed
• Stand/walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours
• Walk in/and around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
• Access all areas of building, ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways
• Regularly bend, lift, stretch and reach both below the waist and above the head
• Currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree with a conferral date between December 2021 and August 2022
• Degree in HR, HR Management, Labor Relations, or a related field • Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues as an employee in Human Resources
• Experienced with Microsoft (Word, Excel, and Access)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $19.62/hr. Relocation may be provided as a part of the compensation package. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top