The Amazon Web Services (AWS) High Performance Computing (HPC) team is looking for an engineer to develop compilers for the AWS Cloud. The HPC
organization builds a suite of tools to help customers with their science, engineering, and machine learning workloads in the AWS Cloud.
Are you interested in enhancing and optimizing LLVM to enable researchers and scientists to more easily port and develop their applications
in the AWS cloud? As part of the HPC org, you will be part of a truly innovative team in a fast-paced, agile environment. You will be working on a
team which directly helps customers around the world better utilize HPC in the Cloud. You will be participating in the development and enhancements
for AWS instances. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the HPC space and experienced in compiler development targeting HPC applications.
If you're looking to work on a development team, solving challenging technical problems and creating new products for customers, then this is the
right role for you! This position includes both significant research and product development. You will work on designing, implementing, testing,
debugging, tuning, and maintaining a compiler targeted for HPC workloads on the cloud.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• BS or higher degree in computer science, engineering or related field
• Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills in C++ and familiarity with Linux software development
• Deep understanding of computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
• 8+ years professional experience in compiler development, or equivalent combination of education and experience, and product delivery
• Background in high performance computing architectures, including multiprocessors, distributed memory systems, and GPU accelerators
• Experience implementing compiler vectorization, code generation, or OpenMP runtime libraries
• Knowledge of Fortran
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Strong customer focus
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Proven track record delivering high quality software on time
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
• Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us