Health and Safety Specialist
- Calne, United Kingdom
Year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members safe, fulfilled, motivated and empowered. To help us achieve this, we're seeking an enthusiastic Safety Specialist. With your Bias for Action we will need you to step in and support the Health and Safety (WHS) team in one of our Fulfilment Centres.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, innovative and hands-on individual who is passionate about Health and Safety in a professional context. In time, we'll expect you to become as customer-centric as we are and apply this to your work each day.
You will also need to be able to identify, coordinate and drive improvements in Safety, while engaging operational and other support function stakeholders. The Safety Specialist will report directly to the Fulfilment Centre WHS Manager.
• Assisting with the delivery of safety performance and monitoring, in line with personnel, team and functional goals and objectives
• Facilitating and/or arranging training programs on critical Fulfilment Centre WHS issues
• Supporting the implementation of WHS programs within Fulfilment Centre Operations, while delivering key risk assessment activities
• Driving compliance with local and EU legislation
• Ensuring that WHS systems are kept accurate at all times, with completed incident reports, alongside all supporting documentation
• Assisting the WHS Manager with the construction of incident prevention programs
• Contributing to Fulfilment Centre requests for improvement of on-site safety and positively impact accident trends
• Preparing responses to insurers or solicitors in response to any personal injury claims
• Participating in the EU Fulfilment Centre WHS Safety Audit Programme
• Assisting with the coordination and training of new Health and Safety team members
• Acting as a proxy for the WHS Manager, as and when required
• Arranging, facilitating and contributing to Fulfilment Centre Safety Steering Committee meetings
• Arranging and conducting basic surveys and checks in the Fulfilment Centre environment, looking into facility processes, Health and Safety supplies as well as employee behaviours.
• You're qualified to NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ5 level or equivalent qualification, or you hold degree level qualifications in any subject and are willing to complete these or equivalent qualifications within an agreed timescale
• You're able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of essential Environment, Health and Safety legislation
• Candidates with relevant experience, from backgrounds that may differ from Safety disciplines, will also be considered.
• You possess experience of Lean, 5S and Kaizen methodologies,
• Qualifications or experience of environmentally-conscious initiatives would be advantageous.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top