Head, Worldwide Business Development, Process Manufacturing
- New York, NY
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in the Manufacturing industry, focusing on the Process Manufacturing segment ? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and business development skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the industry? The Manufacturing industry is looking to digital technologies such as cloud, analytics, AI/ML, and IoT to transform manufacturing, supply chain, product development, and other parts of the business. AWS is looking for a Business Development Leader who understands business trends impacting the industry, and is passionate and capable of driving market development across the sector globally for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions, cloud enable the technology ecosystem supporting the Process Manufacturing industry, and address changing industry needs.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with key industry customers, engaging strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events, leading the process to enable industry solutions, and creating significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable the AWS sales teams selling to industry accounts to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry, including partner based solutions. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by Process Manufacturing industry customers.
The ideal candidate will have a business development or consulting background, experience in IT-led transformation initiatives and experience in working with Process Manufacturing industry customers including CPG, Chemicals, Synthetics, or Paper & Pulp at the CxO/VP level, with a good understanding of legacy and emerging technologies in the Process Manufacturing Industry. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical enablement strategy for the global Process Manufacturing industry
• Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
• Identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
• Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
• Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for the Process Manufacturing industry.
• Understand the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
• Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
• Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group
• Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
• 7+ years of business development, consulting, product management, or solutions development experience in or selling to the Process Manufacturing industry including CPG, Chemicals, Paper & Pulp, and Synthetics manufacturing.
• Experience with systems and applications and technology provider landscape in the Process Manufacturing industry with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry
• Experience with IT technologies such as data lakes, analytics, IoT, and AI/ML to optimize manufacturing and supply chain processes
• Experience in selling and/or implementing ERP solutions and/or Big Data/Analytics solutions in the Process Manufacturing industry
• Education: MBA is preferred, technical background with Computer Science/Engineering/Math is a plu1
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in a similar role
• Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, and lead through influence.
• The right person will be analytical and data-driven, and demonstrate balanced strategy and planning, and execution skills
• Knowledge of Operational Technologies in manufacturing and understanding of the vendor landscape
• Working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking / database systems / core distributed computing concepts / fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization / storage systems / Analytics / emerging paradigms like IoT, Machine Learning, etc. is highly desired.
• CxO relationships and large network in the industry.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top