Head, Worldwide Business Development, Oil & Gas Industry
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in the Oil & Gas industry? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the Oil & Gas industry? The energy and utilities industry is under pressure to reduce costs, improve operational performance, and needs to respond to changing environmental and sustainability issues. AWS is looking for a Business Development leader who understands these business trends impacting the Oil & Gas industry, and is passionate and capable of driving market development across the sector globally for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions to enable the ecosystem and the changing industry needs.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with key oil & gas customers, engaging with strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events, and leading the team to enable industry solutions, and create significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable the AWS sales teams to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry, including high performance computing, and partner based solutions, etc. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by oil & gas customers.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to drive engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technology background that enables them to interact with architects. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for the oil & gas industry.
- Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
- Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Understand the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Handle a high volume of engagements in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- The right person will be technical and analytical, and possess 7-10 years of relevant business development or product management or consulting experience in or selling to the oil & gas industry.
- Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs), high performance computing, IoT etc. with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry.
- Education- an MBA is desired; technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- The right person will have demonstrated working in a similar role or have been in a consulting role Oil & Gas industry with experience across upstream, midstream, and downstream.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
Good working knowledge of the AWS services and their relevance to the oil&gas industry workflows.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top