Head Solutions Architects - Enterprise Business, India and South Asia
- Mumbai, India
Amazon Internet Services Pvt Ltd (AISPL) is looking for an experienced and motivated technical manager to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects. You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. As Solutions Architect Leader for the Enterprise Business you are responsible for partnering with our most exciting customers to design cloud architectures utilizing AWS services and work with them on their transformation journey using AWS cloud. You will lead a large team in which you will have Solution Architect Managers for Large Enterprises, Mid-sized Enterprises and Global Enterprises reporting to you. You are expected to have strong technical depth, business aptitude, and the ability to lead in-depth technology discussions, articulating the business value of the AWS platform and services. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required for engaging with Enterprise Architects, Technical Architects, Cloud Architects, Directors, VP's and CXOs.
In collaboration with Sales and Business Development, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. If you think you have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, AISPL is hiring Managers for our Solutions Architects.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on Amazon Cloud as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AISPL such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
• As a key member of the senior management team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the Amazon Cloud platform
• Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to Enterprises who are considering or using Amazon Cloud
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the Amazon Cloud solutions architect community
• Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
• Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be "Cloud advocates"
• Share customer feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive the future of Amazon Cloud
• Work with the team to drive POCs to completion
• Work with the team to organize technical workshops and facilitate the sharing of knowledge across teams
• Strategy & Innovation: articulate business/industry fundamentals (e.g., ROI, TCO); understand regulations and operational excellence; familiarity with business strategy and trends in the IT industry (e.g., CI/CD, IoT, Predictive Analytics
• Technology Breadth: demonstrate architectural best practices applied across a breadth of technologies to solve organizational problems, articulate views/roadmaps for future development, and understand the interaction between infrastructure, operations, and development
• 15+ Yrs of Experience overall and 5+ years in a technical leadership role.
• Experience designing and implementing enterprise architectures for Fortune 1000 companies
• Experience building technical teams including hiring, training, development, coaching and mentoring
• Experience building industry and technology solutions
• Ability to interface with C-level as well as technical resources at the Global System Integrators and AISPL Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Strong written communication skills
• Outstanding customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills
• Experience working with global teams and Global System Integrators
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 12 or more years of related experience Compile, deliver, and evangelize end-to-end technology roadmaps that guide IT transformation toward cloud computing
• Compile, develop, and deliver architectural guardrails, and align with IT strategy Influence stakeholders and ensure compliance within many technology domains that comply with technical and business requirements
• Serve as a subject matter expert to guide technology strategy by convincing decision makers across multiple domains and working with architects in each domain
• Know Infrastructure and application discovery tools, have worked with industry leading compute and database migration tools, have worked on data center or application migration projects.
• BE level degree required
• Experience working with/for large enterprises and knowing the market landscape
• Use of AISPL services in distributed environments with Enterprise Software Cloud and/or AISPL experience
• AISPL Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level
• Broad Enterprise systems experience including MSFT, SharePoint and custom Java/.NET applications.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top