Do you love games? Do you want to work with the some of the most innovative Game companies in the world? Do you have a passion for helping customers solve web-scale challenges and understand application architectures? Do you want to help build a new, customer-obsessed team and help establish AWS Game Tech as the leading platform in the Games Industry? The Amazon Web Services Game Tech team is looking for an experienced and motivated technologist with a passion for creating strategies, best practices, and solving complex business challenges focusing on the Games industry.
Your responsibilities will include helping articulate the technical strategy for AWS in the games industry, identifying and engaging key strategic integration and solutions partners, and driving the technical relationships with industry thought leaders and key prospect/customers to create significant new opportunity pipelines. You will enable the AWS enterprise sales teams to more effectively drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects and AWS Professional Services teams to develop and promote cloud best-practices, including data security and regulatory compliance. You will also work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid enterprise adoption in the games industry.
The ideal candidate will possess a technical background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of gaming companies, as well as having the presence and wherewithal to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to gaming platform architects, infrastructure architects and engineers, and enterprise security and compliance teams. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of gaming customers, and be deeply familiar with complex, legacy IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations. Furthermore, having an understanding of both existing and emerging gaming experiences platforms, including mobile, cloud based game streaming, AR/VR, etc. will be an important distinguishing element of the ideal candidate.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• As a key member of the Game Tech leadership team, help develop the strategic plan for AWS, particularly the technical elements of the strategy and plan to engage customers and partners.
• Establish technical credibility in sales cycles (personally or with the broader technical team), and can credibly drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customers and partners across the Gaming industries.
• Work with Engine, Platform, and Middleware Technology customers and partners to deploy pilot and scale Games industry focused programs in the field working with sales enablement, regional business development teams, and account teams.
• Conduct customer briefings, present at customer events, further AWS Game Tech solutions-led thought leadership in the industry domains
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
This position may be based out of any location with a local Amazon office, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Irvine, CA; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Herndon, VA; New York, NY; Boston, MA; Los Angeles, CA.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Highly technical and analytical. Demonstrated ability to understand the complexities of Game development processes across multiple platforms including mobile, PC, and Console.
• Experience in architecting and positioning solutions into the Games Industry, or building technology solutions within the Games industry.
• Working knowledge and experience in cloud infrastructure to support game servers, analytics and big data, and game live operations.
• A passion for Gaming! Great understanding of how the Gaming industry operates and the unique characteristics and culture of the industry.
• Experience in game production, game live operations, solutions development, product management.
• Passion for cloud technologies deep understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms.
• Technical knowledge of Games industry applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
• Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: Game development platforms (Unity, Unreal, etc), core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, platform variation (mobile, PC, Console), software defined networking, network functions virtualization, etc. with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry.
• Deep knowledge of the AWS Services and their relevance to the Games industry
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.