Would you like to own driving the Engineering & Construction Industry strategy for the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architecture teams, and work with the world's largest and most creative companies using our Cloud platform to solve their most challenging problems? Are you passionate about applying the next generation of cloud-based compute and storage services within the Engineering & Construction industry (including all aspects of Operators, Engineering & Construction equipment providers and Technology suppliers). Come join us!
At AWS we are building a cross-functional team of global technical leaders passionate about growing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging directly with technical leaders, C-level executives and influencers at all levels across the industry. We are seeking individuals with the business background, technical depth, Executive experience and communication skills needed to tackle the complex challenges of our Engineering & Construction industry customers face as they make the journey to the cloud. We're hiring highly passionate experts in Cloud computing to work with our Solutions Architects and Business Development teams on key customer and partner engagements.
You will possess a technical background that enables you to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels within our customer teams. You possess the presence and wherewithal to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to a variety of technical and business audiences. You also demonstrate the ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global businesses, and are deeply familiar with complex, legacy IT environments, compliance and regulatory requirements and with Industry workloads (including 1) Automation, robotics and operational hardware, 2) Digitally enabled workforce, 3) Integrated enterprise, platforms and ecosystems, and 4) Next-generation analytics and decision support) and commercial ISV solutions that support these workloads. Your knowledge of data and how to leverage advanced AI/ML will solve complex Industry challenges. Your understanding of the broad Engineering & Construction industry ecosystem makes you stand out from your industry peers.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Together with the Business Development team and the broader AWS team including Partners, Professional Services and Marketing, you will develop the technical elements of the AWS Engineering & Construction industry strategy for AWS, and plan to engage customers and partners in selected segments within the Industry.
• You will engage with Business Development leaders, Solutions Architects, Account Managers, Professional Services, Marketing and Partners to define a solution engagement strategy for AWS operational geographies and key accounts.
• You are responsible for partnering with local domain experts across the globe to identify the most critical technologies for multiple Industry use-cases, including software solutions and best-practices architectures, to guide AWS solution and service strategies.
• You will establish technical credibility in sales cycles, personally and through the broader technical team to drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customer and partners.
• Demonstrate thought leadership in the Engineering & Construction space, and credibly represent AWS at Global industry events, conferences, symposiums, etc.
Must be able to travel approximately 30%
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in senior technical leader positions.
• Practical experience transforming, designing and implementing Enterprise systems at scale.
• Technical knowledge of enterprise IT is required, including: global infrastructure, tiered application architectures, data center operations, software license management, etc. with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
• Technical knowledge of common enterprise application and commercial software used across the Industry, including systems that are used for logistics, exploration, data lakes and automation across the Engineering & Construction Industry value chain.
• Strong understanding of Enterprise systems, high scale data movement, storage and analytics techniques, digital customer experiences.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, with customers, SIs and ISVs.
• Strong understanding of advanced analytic techniques such as machine learning models, deep learning, artificial intelligence and the application of these analytic approaches to Engineering & Construction workloads.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Technical degree highly desired; or equivalent background, with AWS Certification preferred.
• International industry experience and knowledge.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.