Head of UX Design - Personality and Adaptive Response
- Seattle, WA
In this role as Head of UX Design, you will lead a multi-disciplinary design team across a number of design programs. You will act as the head of design, manage the careers and give creative guidance to an elite group of user researchers, voice (VUI) and multi-modal designers. You will partner closely with product, engineering, and data teams focused on your programs across device endpoints. You will inspire your team and partners to invent new ways for customers to experience Alexa. You will advise joint roadmaps, invest in research to drive customer-centric decision making, lead divergent thinking to inspire creativity, and spend time with customers to build empathy. Your team will work on new end-customer experiences as well as look to improve existing ones.
This role and team is part of Alexa's North Star Experience team. We are the creative and best practices org that works vertically and horizontally across Alexa to develop new core Alexa experiences, define new experience paradigms, develops standards, patterns, training, and resources that help our own builder teams and others build better experiences. We own the Alexa Persona definition and create engaging content that exemplify her persona on and off device. Our team includes creative writers, voice UX designers, multi-modal UX designers, user researchers, product managers, and program managers.
In this role you will be part of the senior leadership staff of North Star Experience.
• 10+ years of relevant professional experience driving creative strategy and execution for digital products.
• 5+ years of experience working on consumer facing, digital products across a variety of mediums.
• 5+ years of experience leading creative, multi-disciplinary teams.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• An internet-accessible portfolio of work (may be provided as part of your resume).
• A background in product design, UX design, voice design, conversational design, and/or user research. Voice design experience highly preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated ability to influence product teams and product decisions via design and research.
• A track record of innovating work.
• Experience building creative centers of excellence.
• A history of building highly effective design and research teams that exemplify creativity, curiosity, rigor, and fun.
• Strong communication (written and verbal), collaboration, and presentation skills.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top