Head of Talent Advisors, Recruiting Engine
- Arlington, VA
The Recruiting Engine (RE) Team is reinventing how we recruit at Amazon. Recruiting the right candidates across all of Amazon is critical to our ability to innovate and build on behalf of customers. As the search for talent becomes more competitive, we are bringing together recruiting, science, tech, programs, and process teams to find and hire candidates who raise the bar more quickly and efficiently.
We are looking for a collaborative, self-motivated and high-judgment recruiting professional to lead RE's strategic business partnerships with leaders across Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Finance, and the customer-facing business.
The Head of RE's Talent Advisors leads a team of Software Development Engineer (SDE) hiring consultants who partner with each of Amazon's line of business or org (e.g., Consumer, Devices, Advertising & Entertainment, and G&A). If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the opportunity for you.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Talent Advisors team include:
• Designing and owning a refreshed business engagement model with senior leaders in a given business to understand and support SDE talent needs.
• Supporting HR and TA leaders in forecasting their business demand for SDE talent - by profile and geography - and ensuring RE quality of hire through accurate profile definition and aligned assessment methods.
• Implementing trusted Amazon mechanisms like MBRs/QBRs, narratives, and email status updates to keep stakeholders informed and drive meaningful discussions that lead to action.
• Working with global partners to ensure a holistic approach to SDE hiring and candidate experience.
• Innovating to launch new initiatives or programs to support the onboarding and integration of SDE talent into Amazon - thinking big about both candidate experience and the future of Amazon's global workforce.
This position can be based in Seattle, WA or any USA Amazon Corporate office. Candidates should be prepared for West Coast (Pacific) work hours.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years of HR and/or recruiting experience
• 5 years leading high-performing teams
• Advanced degree (technical or MBA) from an accredited university
• Proven ability to influence without authority and support/represent cross-functional teams across levels and geographies
• Self-starting, entrepreneurial spirit with an understanding of how to use data and calculated risk-taking to drive innovative change
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, paired with sound business judgment and ability to see around corners
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented work environment
• Track record of successfully delivering high-profile, high-risk employee-facing products or programs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top