Head of Student Programs, Japan
- Tokyo, Japan
Amazon hires thousands of students around the world each year, and this talent is critical to achieving Amazon's mission of being the most customer be earth's most customer-centric company. The Student Programs (SP) team mission is to attract, hire, and integrate the best student talent from all backgrounds to build the future of Amazon's global workforce. We are responsible for finding diverse, bar-raising students, delivering a frustration-free candidate and intern experience, and ultimately connecting top talent to the most in-demand opportunities at Amazon.
The Senior Manager of Japan Student Programs will lead a team of recruiters in Japan and be responsible for owing the strategy and execution for hiring top student/university talent for technical and non-technical roles in Amazon JP . You and your team will effectively manage hiring across the university recruiting lifecycle of demand management, attraction, recruitment, placement, and onboarding. To achieve this you will partner with senior Amazon business leaders, HR and Talent Acquisition leaders, and Finance to understand and deliver against the businesses talent needs and measures of success. The role will also foster strategic relationships with university faculty and career centers and work to grow Amazon's reputation as an employer of choice for graduates, leveraging research on market conditions and best practices. The right candidate will Invent and Simplify, Deliver Results, Hire and Develop the Best, Think Big, and be Customer Obsessed.This role is based in Tokyo.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 7 years of recruiting, project management, or HR experience
• 3+ years of experience building, coaching, and managing a team(s)
• Demonstrated success in developing strategy, driving process improvement, and delivering results for key stakeholders
• Strong business acumen, consulting, and influencing skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills; excellent presentation skills.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
• Fluent English and Japanese
• Experience working in global organisation
• Demonstrated innovation and recruitment thought leadership
• The ability to create world-class standards with recruitment processes and tools.
• An enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
• Experience in fast-paced tech environment
Back to top