Our Sustainability/Social Responsibility (SR) team is looking for Head of Social Responsibility, Japan.
At Amazon, we work hard to ensure that every Amazon product or service our customers purchase is made or handled in a way that ensures respect for the rights of workers throughout our supply chain and operations. Our Sustainability/Social Responsibility (SR) team partners with internal businesses, suppliers, and service providers on a continuous improvement model, researching and identifying risks in places where we source and operate, and designing solutions to help understand and mitigate those risks.
The Head of Social Responsibility, Japan will support strategies to ensure suppliers across our manufacturing and fulfillment centers adhere to the highest ethical standards according to Amazon's Supplier Code of Conduct. They will engage with cross-functional teams internally and externally to mitigate the most material social risks within our supply chains.
• Lead Social Responsibility (SR) programs in Japan
• Provide leadership, strategy, technical direction and maintain effective operation of SR in field establishment in Japan.
• Lead regional in-field program objectives by ensuring issues are accurately identified, addressed, resolved and documented within designated time frame.
• Explore, develop and drive SR in region program that deliver the optimum combination of social impact outcomes and business benefits - driving innovation, value creation and competitive advantage for Amazon.
• Keep abreast with industry wide issues and best practices, and constantly enhance and/or build most appropriate proactive initiatives to affect positive change.
• Assess manpower requirements and resources to ensure staff is properly allocated to support the needs of the business, and identify and develop bench-strength succession plans.
• Deliver an in-depth development program for SR team members outlining key duties and responsibilities.• Partner with internal and external stakeholders
• Lead the development/review of overall SR in region strategies and policies to drive success execution of objectives.
• Contribute to the organizational planning to achieve short & long term departmental and business partner goals.
• Advise business teams on key SR issues that might impact sourcing or production plans, and provide recommendation.
• Establish positive collaborative relationships and workflow processes with cross functional teams, including SR internal team, business functions, legal, other regions SR, etc.
• Maintain strong relationships with key internal business partners to ensure ongoing support of SR in region initiatives and ensure appropriate SR resource coverage.
• Establish introductory relationships with specific interested constituencies and NGO's in region.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with appropriate government and NGO officials in region
• Provide routine and ad hoc analysis and forecasts of local, political, cultural and economic conditions.
Please check the website below for our measures to prevent exposure to second-hand tobacco smoke in each facility. https://www.amazon.jobs/en/landing_pages/passivesmoking (Japanese only)
Amazonでは、障がいを持つ社員がそれぞれ自分の能力や特性を活かし、Amazonの個性的な社員のひとりとして様々な部門で活躍しています。採用時には、社内外の関係者が連携しながら、ひとりひとりの障がいの状況や能力・経験に合わせ、適切な職場配置や職務の割り当てを行い、その方の障がいに合わせ必要なサポートを提供します。日常の業務においては、障がいの有無に関わらず、Amazonの行動指針である「リーダーシッププリンシプル（Our Leadership Principles）」を社員ひとりひとりが意識し、リーダーとして考え、行動することを大切にしています。「地球上で最もお客様を大切にする企業であること」というビジョンを実現するために、常にお客様のことを第一に考え、チームで働くことが出来る方、オーナーシップを持ち、日々の仕事に情熱を持って取り組んでいただける方を求めています。https://www.amazon.jobs/en/internal/disability/jp
• 10-15 years of experience driving Social Responsibility within global supply chains and/or operations in Japan.
• Experience and proficiency in project/program management as it relates to human rights and labor practices.
• Expertise in regional and international labor standards (e.g. ILO).
• Experience influencing key stakeholders both internal and external.
• Fluency in verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Delivering results amidst resource constraints and ambiguity.
• Developing and improving policies and processes.
• Leveraging technology.
• Delighting customers.
• Leading through influence.
• Communicating successfully across cultures, in writing and in person.
• Fluency in verbal and written communication skills in Japanese.
※賃金に関する条件は、初回面接時までに個別に通知します。Detailed condition of the salary will be notified individually prior to the 1st interview.