Head of Sales Development & Marketing
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." - Dr. Seuss, "I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!"
Goodreads is the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations. Our mission is to help people find and share books they love.
Are you passionate about developing creative integrated marketing solutions to connect brands with book lovers? We are looking for an accomplished, strategic and hands-on Head of Sales Development & Marketing to lead the development of creative and compelling marketing solutions for our advertising partners. You should be customer-obsessed, innovative and eager to partner across our organization to develop advertising solutions that will delight our members and contribute to meaningful revenue growth. You will be responsible for designing and executing memorable integrated programs and events that will meet or exceed marketer objectives. Additionally, you will own all customer-facing sales marketing materials and lead go-to-market positioning for new advertising products and sponsorships. Through strategic thinking, strong data driven customer insight, and passionate ownership of your initiatives, you'll drive unique offline and online programs while collaborating with cross-functional team members to evangelize, sell and execute your ideas.
- Develop offline tentpole events and sponsorship packages for brand advertisers and book publishers
- Partner with Goodreads Head of Sales to develop creative ad solutions for reactive RFP responses and sales marketing initiatives
- Own and enhance Goodreads suite of sales marketing materials
- Partner cross-functionally with Product Management and Sales to develop ad product marketing messaging and go-to-market customer strategy
- Guide the development of case studies and research to communicate the benefits of Goodreads advertising products
- Partner with analytics team to create data-driven advertising and sponsorship opportunities
- Communicate, train and enable internal teams on new ad products, events and sponsorship opportunities
- Program manage the production of sponsored events and offline activations
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in sales development, sales marketing or advertising solutions, preferably in digital advertising organizations
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related discipline
- Proven success working directly with customers and cross-functional internal teams to deliver innovative marketing solutions
- Demonstrated track record in crafting compelling positioning and marketing content for advertising products.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and negotiate with vendors to drive maximum efficiency
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit; ability to work autonomously in ambiguous environments
- Prior experience in a startup environment
- Brand, agency and/or publisher experience
- Experience developing programs leveraging event-based or experiential marketing
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top