Head of Procurement - EMEA Data Center Operations
- London, United Kingdom
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost cloud platform that powers thousands of businesses in over 190 countries. AWS' Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement (ISCaP) organization works to deliver cutting-edge solutions to source, build and maintain our socially responsible data center supply chains. We are a team of highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who enable the core sustainable infrastructure of AWS. Come join our team and be a part of history as we deliver results for the largest cloud services company on Earth!
We are currently seeking a highly creative, results-driven and forward-thinking senior procurement leader to join our IPS Procurement team. As a regional head of IPS procurement, you will assume responsibility for managing our EMEA operations goods and services portfolio required to support data center operations, including maintenance, repair and operations services, security services and equipment and environmental, health and safety services.
You will lead a team of procurement professionals who manage categories within this regional portfolio while also working directly with managers in other regions to ensure that, globally, our internal customers have a consistently positive experience with the team. You will be charged with empowering your team to take full ownership of their space and motivating them to deliver results that have a direct impact on Amazon's bottom line and future success.
Your team will be responsible for establishing strong procurement strategies, and you will be responsible for holding them accountable as they drive these initiatives while navigating them through key strategy shifts, as necessary. It will be critical that you identify new ways to forge partnerships with our supply base to achieve long-term, mutually beneficial outcomes. You will also ensure that the team can appropriately scale as the business grows, and you must be proactive in identifying ways to stay ahead of this curve.
As the regional manager you must embody and model the team's vision, which is to be trusted strategic partners to the business through the development of strong, long term, collaborative executive level relationships which deliver cost effective, innovative and scalable solutions. The team serves the best interest of Amazon by engaging in ethical, sustainable, transparent and professional transactions and takes ownership of procurement requirements for our Data Center Operations to increase high quality competition, promote supplier diversity, and elevate supplier performance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Strategic leadership of procurement professionals to set ambitious goals that help move the organization forward so there is a greater emphasis on strategic procurement, as opposed to tactical procurement.
• Building on an existing supplier qualification program to ensure we are appropriately mitigating the risks of doing business with new and existing suppliers.
• Working with your team and its internal customers to establish robust regional procurement strategies that align with the larger global strategy, and ensuring that your team is delivering results accordingly. You will also take responsibility for the global strategy for an assigned category.
• Communicating frequently and professionally with internal customers and stakeholders on the status of procurement actions. Development of white papers and strategy documents.
• Leading multi-faceted sourcing initiatives; cost savings plans and targets; supplier relationship management objectives; and customer- and supplier-focused trainings.
• Establishing mechanisms to evaluate your team's performance, and mentoring them for overall performance and effectiveness in specific situations.
• Utilizing metrics to make business decisions and evaluate the team's overall performance against established SLAs and processes.
• Create procurement policies and procedures and drive process improvement initiatives that positively impact customers, stakeholders, and the team.
• Advocating for the value of procurement by aligning with internal customers and ensuring that their requirements are met
• Creating procedures and tools and simplifying those that already exist.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Masters degree in Procurement & Supply Chain, MBA or relevant business discipline
• Senior leadership experience with at least 10+ of those years spent managing procurement personnel.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
• Demonstrated understanding of contracts and experience negotiating complex agreements with suppliers of critical importance to the business.
• Demonstrated success in developing others' careers.
• Process improvement background with an emphasis on implementing Lean methodologies.
• Proven experience leading cost savings initiatives and communicating cost savings achievements.
Progressive career history and entrepreneurial spirit.
• PMP, Six Sigma or similar certification.
• Previous experience creating and implementing a supplier incentive program.
• Demonstrated success in a metrics-oriented environment and an ability to create, track, and report out on metrics
• Experience supporting data center operations procurement.
• CIPS/ISM/APICS certification/membership of equivalent.
Back to top