Head of Procurement - Components Sourcing
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Our European Procurement team is growing and we are hiring an EU Head of Procurement - Components Sourcing with Pan-European responsibilities to join the team in our European Headquarters in lovely Luxembourg. Have you ever wondered how Amazon is managing its procurement across all our Fulfilment Operations in Europe? Do you want to join a company with an amazing growth to make history and leave your own footprint?
As the EU Head of Procurement, you will define and own the capability, strategy and operational excellence of the Amazon EU Operations Procurement team and its supply chain. You will develop key innovation activities, promote sustainable procurement, enhance the capability of the Procurement teams and promote the Procurement function internally and externally. You will be the trusted advisor in creating the procurement of tomorrow and work side-by-side with your stakeholders to deliver the best end customer experience.
• Lead, develop and build the EU Procurement team;
• Introduce innovations to make step changes towards sustainable procurement;
• Identify, develop and deliver procurement innovation leading to improved stakeholders and customers' experience;
• Drive disruption by applying creative thinking with execution excellence;
• Lead supplier performance management including improving sustainability & social responsibility;
• Coordinate and collaborate with other EU Operations teams to support our business exponential growth;
• Promote the Procurement team internally and externally.
• Work all across the span and teams of operations in EU •
• Autonomy to innovate and deliver new approaches that impact the bottom and the top line;
• Being surrounded by inspiring and diverse individuals;
• Learn in an organisation that spans in most EU countries and works intensively with Amazon subsidiaries around the planet.
• Learn from people with a wide variety of professional and ethnic backgrounds;
• Ability to develop new skills and opportunities through lateral, geographical or functional moves.
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience in components sourcing strategy
• Experience in redesign to cost
• You have a proven track record of leading procurement organizations.
• You earn the trust and respect of the team and build positive working relationships by consistently making good decisions, keeping commitments, treating others and their ideas with respect.
• You focus on the results that benefit the customer, whether directly or indirectly.
• You like taking a good idea and making it even bigger.
• You speak up when you see problems that sit outside of your area and you don't let go of them until they are resolved.
• You have the ability to make decisions wherever and whenever possible using the right level of data.
• You have a firm grasp of the details of your work in order to deeply discuss them.
• You simplify and always encourage others to innovate, changing inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes.
• You have Creative and ideas-driven in finding new solutions/ designing innovative methods, systems and processes.
• You have sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top