Head of Mobile Growth
- Sunnyvale, CA
Are you excited about innovating for a billion+ dollar business? Are you an innovation leader who likes to use technology to improve the customer experience? Join us to make a real life-changing difference to how Japanese customers shop online. Over the past 20 years, Amazon has invented on behalf of the consumer and has become the largest internet retailer and marketplace in the world with over $200 billion in revenues globally. Amazon is now reinventing on behalf of the Japan customer and is looking for a strong leader who shares our vision of delivering the best shopping experience for customers in Japan.
At Amazon, we aim to become Earth's most Customer-Centric Company and continue to innovate the way we engage with our customers through various marketing programs. Two critical missions of the Consumer Marketing team in Japan are 1) to drive traffic and innovate marketing programs to make Amazon the ultimate shopping and entertainment destination for customers in Japan and 2) to provide the best-in-class customer experience with highly personalized and engaging marketing programs to help our customers make purchasing decisions.
Head of Mobile Growth plays a critical role in realizing both missions by creating and leading the most strategic product and program innovations to drive growth of mobile shopping including both Amazon's Mobile App and Mobile Web experience in Japan, with an immediate focus on the Mobile App.
Specifically, this role will lead both digital product innovations that significantly improve customer experience in the Mobile App, and marketing programs and campaigns that bring key shopping incentives/benefits to the JP customer, raise app awareness and drive app adoption and engagement. This role is one of the key leaders of Consumer Marketing Japan and is expected to fearlessly drive innovations that continuously raise the bar for how to attract and engage with JP customers on Mobile.
We are looking for a seasoned digital product leader with experience in the Mobile app space who is willing to wear different hats and lead both product and marketing campaign innovations, someone who can think big while also diving deep and who is not afraid of rolling up the sleeves and getting deep into the exciting details of making step-change innovations happen. We are also looking for a fearless thought leader and innovator who enjoys solving complex business problems and building strategy, roadmap and team from scratch.
Key responsibilities include:
• Identify key customer pain points and business opportunities for Amazon's Mobile app in JP with razor-sharp awareness of the competitor landscape
• Develop and continuously enrich a robust Mobile app product vision and marketing program strategy that holistically create the best-in-class customer experience on Mobile for JP, with the business goal of driving Mobile app adoption and engagement
• Drive prioritization and roadmapping of app product features and marketing campaigns with a focus on delivering sustainable, impactful results balancing between both strategic and tactical business needs
• Drive traffic and conversion while providing seamless and serendipitous discovery journey on both the Mobile App and Mobile Web, with an immediate focus on the app. Innovate the way our customers shop on Mobile by thinking out of the box and creating new experiences that differentiate Amazon from our competitors
• Create a disciplined experimentation practice that continuously tests how we target customers and personalize contents and raises the bar of scaling winning insights.
• Partner closely with JP Consumer Insights team to create a consistent way of identifying JP customer needs on Mobile and staying on top of JP competitor landscape with the goal of being a strong advocate for the JP customer and fearlessly driving product and program improvements that address what JP customer needs on Mobile
• Partner closely with JP Consumer Behavior Analytics team in planning, designing, executing and assessing various experiments (e.g incrementality, incentive elasticity, etc.) to optimize total Mobile performance
• Partner closely with international stakeholders, share and learn worldwide best practices and create synergy between marketplaces with similar needs to JP; effectively seek prioritization and alignment when we have dependency on central Mobile app infrastructure/platforms
• Drive alignment on resourcing needs to accelerate delivering both customer-centric and financial goals, including building and developing a dedicated Mobile Growth team in JP
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• +10 years experience in large-scale, enterprise-level digital product management leading end-to-end product cycles from strategy, prioritization, roadmapping, to requirements and product delivery / execution
• +5 years experience working with Mobile app, during which at least 3+ years is related to digital product management of app features
• Ability to think big while diving deep and drive alignment on strategic product and business proposals with sizable impact
• Ability to identify critical customer needs and create data-driven framework on prioritization and resourcing to improve customer experience
• Strong drive for execution and commitment for delivering results
• Passion for scientific decision making via quantitative/qualitative analysis, and ability to turn analysis into actions
• Ability to make informed trade-offs and build a minimally loveable product with customer-centric focus
• Business level English (verbal and writing) to collaborate with international stakeholders
• Deep knowledge of Japan Mobile app and e-Commerce industry and strong passion to make Japanese customers happy
• Ability to think big and innovate the marketing programs on behalf of customers
• Demonstrated skills in solving complex business problems and making trade-offs against business priorities
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with global technology and business teams.
• Experience working in an Agile environment with engineering teams to drive results
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and deliver result in loosely defined situations.
• Experience managing people and building teams
• Intermediate or better Excel skills (function, VLOOKUP, Pivot etc.). SQL knowledge is preferable
• An MBA or equivalent masters degree is a plus
Back to top