Head of Media & Entertainment Industry Marketing, AWS
Are you an experienced product marketing leader in the Media & Entertainment (M&E) industry? Are you passionate about how technology can be used to solve business problems? Are you eager to shape the way media and games companies modernize their services and operations? Industry verticals have unique needs and paths for cloud adoption, and the AWS Entertainment Industry Marketing team helps media, entertainment, and games companies transform their businesses using the industry's broadest and deepest portfolio of cloud services and solutions.
Amazon Web Services seeks a data-driven, creative, and well-written marketing leader to develop, lead, and execute AWS's global marketing strategy for the media, entertainment and games industry verticals. This individual will lead a team of industry and product marketing managers and will be an integral member of the broader M&E cross-discipline go-to-market team. As such, the role will drive collaboration across multiple areas of AWS (product development, campaign marketing, field marketing, business development, sales, partner/alliances, etc.) to develop and execute holistic marketing strategies for multiple entertainment industry verticals spanning M&E to Games.
Your responsibility is to develop and manage our entertainment industry marketing plans including defining messaging, developing content, and conveying both to industry audiences. This includes covering the full spectrum of the messaging and content continuum from business decision maker to IT manager to developer in a given industry. You will ensure we deliver industry-specific, differentiated solutions supported with whitepapers, executive briefs, architectural guidance, and references. You will work closely with AWS stakeholders to provide an industry lens on AWS products and solutions. Additionally, you'll engage with industry analyst and press activities to influence market perception and understanding of how AWS solutions deliver industry specific value. Our objective is to establish AWS as the leading cloud provider to the entertainment verticals and help our customers make the best decisions for their business from their unique industry audience vantage point.
The ideal candidate has a passion for technology and how it can be used to create business outcomes in the entertainment verticals, an innate ability to transform complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand messaging and materials, and the ability to build and improve scalable mechanisms for managing work. A proven track record of excelling in a data-driven marketing organization and leading high performing teams is a must.
• Develop and manage primary personas, messaging, and content strategy
• Create high-impact, industry-specific messaging and thought-leadership content showcasing the value and differentiation of AWS services and solutions
• Tell AWS solutions and customer stories with excellence through the M&E industry lens and ensure they are delivered through industry-specific digital channels, campaigns, analysts, press, events and commercial organization stakeholders
• Manage, motivate and develop a team of product and industry marketing managers
• Empower field teams to effectively tell the AWS for M&E story with strong sales collateral and education materials
• Manage product launches and messaging for industry specific M&E services and drive adoption of AWS media workloads
Position may be located in Seattle or Portland. Relocation offered within the US to those locations only.
• 7-10+ years of M&E industry experience with at least 5 years of marketing leadership experience for a technology platform
• 5+ years managing highly effective marketing teams
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, technology, and/or relevant field of study such as computer science and/or cloud computing
• 15+ years total professional experience including 5-10 years in a business to business industry
• 10+ years experience working in fast-paced and highly cross-functional organizations
• Experience in a high technology company with products targeted at the media segment • Experience working with the industry analyst community and press
• Career path demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility, team building, people management, and experience delivering measurable marketing results on a global scale • Proven experience effectively managing and developing marketing teams
• Ability to travel both domestic and international to meet with customers and internal stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.