Head of Marketing- Prime Video, International
The Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to offer customers the widest selection of digital video content including Amazon Original content and make it trivially easy for them to enjoy it wherever and whenever they want.
To help us fulfill this mission, we are looking for a Head of Marketing with proven experience in thought leadership and detailed execution to lead the Prime Video business for Canada. The Head of Marketing is the single threaded leader accountable for the growth of new and engaged customers in the locale and driving a best-in-class customer experience.
In partnership with the Prime Video International Marketing team, this role will be responsible for developing and executing innovative, target segment marketing strategies (inclusive of ATL, digital, direct and owned and operated channels) to accelerate the growth of new and engaged PV customers: specifically to support the conversion of new customers, grow engagement within existing free trial customers, and deepen engagement of existing customers. You will (1) develop and execute digital and offline marketing campaigns for Prime Video's content including award-winning Amazon Originals as well as Hollywood movies and TV shows, (2) create and test messaging, content segmentation, and customer segmentation strategies to increase customer engagement, (3) build, execute and test social marketing campaigns, and (4) partner with Content Acquisition teams on defining Amazon's video content strategy and opportunities.
You will also work closely with the Amazon retail and Prime teams on ways to leverage the Prime Video benefit to increase Prime member acquisition and engagement. You will also contribute to the development and testing of new product features, working with our Prime Video International Expansion Product and Tech teams.
The successful candidate will be data-driven with a proven track record of driving growth through online, mobile, and offline marketing programs. This leader will provide steady strategic vision in a dynamic environment. This person will be willing to experiment and take risks to reach customers and foster their trial of Prime Video, and to employ a rigorous test, measure and iterate approach to drive continuous improvement. This person must have strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to influence others, passion for digital video, and strong cross-functional leadership.
- Innovate and implement test and learn strategies throughout the business. Monitor the effectiveness of campaigns and implement ongoing improvements.
- Own key business metrics, support in-depth business reviews, and present to senior management.
- Use data to measure and understand customer behavior and apply those insights to our marketing levers.
- Collaborate with other members of the Prime Video team including Product Management, Business Intelligence, Design, and Engineering to develop and prioritize customer-obsessed product features and marketing strategies.
- Develop a strong culture of rapid experimentation, measurement, and iteration.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years' experience in online and/or consumer marketing, preferably with online retail experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills - ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
- Track record of performance excellence
- Ability to hire, develop and manage a world class team
- French language ability
- Experience with marketing a subscription service
- Experience in the media industry preferred
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- French language abilities
- Experience working across global marketing and product teams
- Experience creating a go- to- market strategy from the ground-up
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top