Head of JP Consumer Business Development
- Beijing, China
* This position requires superior verbal and written communications skills in both Japanese and English
Amazon is seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric Business Development leader to negotiate and execute partnerships with the leading companies to accelerate Amazon's growth. Our Business Development team is responsible for generating and executing complex and high impact partnership deals spanning across Amazon business units in retail and digital. This position will leverage your strong understanding of digital, e-commerce, and high-tech industries to structure innovative partnerships.
This role will be highly visible at senior levels of Amazon both in Japan and the US. You will be working closely with key decision makers to develop strategies to expand their presence in mobile and negotiate deals to achieve their goals. You will be reporting directly to GM of Prime and Consumer Business Development in Japan and working closely with country head and category executives. Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Understand the business plans and priorities of various Amazon business units such as Retail, Prime, Video, Kindle, Music, Appstore, among others.
• Act as a forward-thinking thought leader to internal management members in developing strategies to advance Amazon's presence in mobile.
• Identify partnership opportunities with leading companies including digital/eCommerce companies, media, electronics, services and other large-scale consumer businesses.
• Engage our target partner companies by articulating Amazon's vision, services, and value propositions to customers and partners.
• Structure deals which are aligned with the interests of Amazon, customers and partners.
• Drive all aspects of both external and internal negotiations to a successful close.
• Lead cross-functional teams to manage initiatives associated with the deals.
• Monitor the performance of existing deals on a regular basis.
• Develop and manage senior-level relations with Amazon's partner companies.
• Own account management activities on a regular basis to create additional opportunities.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
• Superior verbal and written communications skills in both Japanese and English
• 10+ years of work experience in business development in relevant industries such as mobile, high-tech, and Internet with partnership, alliance or M&A deal experience.
• Demonstrated ability to close partnerships with large Japanese companies and to engage and influence C-level executives, especially experience in driving marketing deals with mobile carriers
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; strong bias for action
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
• High levels of independence and flexibility
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary
• Comfort working with a broad range of technology tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Team management experience
• Experience working in a global matrix organization
• Ability to handle ambiguity
Back to top