Head of Inventory Management and Supply Chain - Sports and Fitness
Amazon Sports is looking for a senior leader to lead a team of inventory and supply chain professionals in driving improvements in Sports inventory management and supply chain.
This leader will be talented, driven, and highly analytical with proven experience driving process improvement and partnering with vendors. The Manager will lead identifying, creating, developing and integrating innovative solutions and programs.
This individual will drive analysis and optimization of inventory management systems and processes to ensure we achieve world class inventory availability and health which will ultimately improve customer experience, sales and overall operational performance. This is a highly visible role within the company and this leader will be experienced in gaining buy in from senior stakeholders to drive the right result for Amazon customers and our vendor partners. In addition to the classic inputs such as selection and availability, there are opportunities to innovate around operational efficiencies, forecasting, packaging and last mile delivery that are an essential element of growing the business and improving the customer experience.
This role will focus on delivering improvements in automation, partnerships with vendors to improve operations while continuously improving operational metrics for the business to support the growth and scale of the category. A successful candidate must possess the ability to operate from a company-wide perspective and lead cross-functional and cross-business projects. A strong understanding of data and demonstrated success in driving processes are required.
Sports is a large, fast growing and diverse business with categories like Team Sports, Game Room, Hunting, Fishing, Sports Apparel, Golf, Exercise Equipment, and Fan Gear. This position requires strong business acumen, deep curiosity about customer behavior, excellent influencing skills, and the analytical horsepower to make key strategic business decisions for Amazon with a large degree of autonomy.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Operations, Engineering, Statistics, Marketing or Finance
- 5+ years supply chain, inventory management, retail and/or project management experience
- Proven experience in managing, building and developing a high performance team
- Strong alignment to Amazon's Leadership Principles
- Sound business judgment and strong analytical thinking skills as well as a proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Professional experience influencing internal and external stakeholders
- MBA Preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Supply chain, inventory management, finance, vendor and/or project management experience
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
- Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL, and statistics software
- Proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with experience leading cross-functional projects and teams
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top