Head of Instock and NAFN, Softlines, Team Canada
Amazon.ca is looking for a smart, team-oriented, highly analytical and operationally-minded individual to help grow our Softlines business. As Head of Instock Management and NAFN for Canada Softlines, the ideal candidate will be an expert on buying, planning, and logistics, with an understanding of multi-national supply chains and expertise in the compliance and regulatory environment in Canada. They will be responsible for leading a high performing function in supply chain (forecasting, replenishment, inventory management, customer availability) helping drive innovation growth; facilitating strong partnerships internally and externally; and supporting Softlines leadership.
The Head of Instock Management and NAFN will have a broad skill set including analytical horsepower; excellent business judgement; deep curiosity about how things work; strong relationship management and negotiations skills; positive leadership development; and a passion for helping create a world-class shopping experience for customers. They must be able to dive deep into all areas of inventory management and planning, challenging the status quo in order to uncover areas of opportunity and help improve existing workflows and processes or design new ones, with the end goal of enhancing the customer experience. They will also work with various internal and external teams (including Supply Chain; Finance; Vendor Management; and vendors), and must have sufficient presence and communication skills to represent Softlines across departments. As the business evolves, they will also advise leadership on organizational requirements and new areas of focus.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 7+ years of relevant supply chain or retail experience, with strong leadership roles in buying/planning, product management, retail merchandising, operations or financial analysis with a proven history of owning/driving results
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast paced environment
- Proven analytical skills, high excel proficiency, and strong process improvement skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational, and communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
- Proven negotiating skills and influencing abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects: work prioritization, planning, task delegation and hitting deadlines
- Strong writing and speaking skills
- Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
- MBA Preferred
- Experience with financial analysis and modeling
- SQL expertise
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top