Head of Healthcare and Life Sciences Partner Technology
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated technical manager to coach, grow, and partner with skilled Solutions Architects focusing on Healthcare and Life Sciences ISV and Consulting partners. Working in collaboration with the sales and business development colleagues, you will drive growth across a broad set of customers and partners in this vertical.
In this role, you will lead a high performing team of Healthcare and Life Sciences professionals. You will have exceptional communication skills, stakeholder management skills, executive presence and ability to build relationships at all levels with our most trusted AWS partners.
You will need to be technically capable as well as effective in shaping the customer-facing and technical skills of your team. In addition to technical knowledge and leadership experience it is important to have a solid understanding of the Healthcare and Life Sciences domain, including regulatory and compliance guidelines and customer impact. You will help team members ramp up on AWS and develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our Services Teams, Marketing, Business Development and the broader Solutions Architecture Organization, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Open to domestic travel up to 20%
• Build strong executive relationships with AWS's most trusted partners from C level executives through to technical leaders and influencers.
• In partnership with the sales and business development teams, formulate and execute a strategy to drive successful customer outcomes
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS Solutions Architect community, especially those in HCLS
• Create and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
• Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
Leaders with experience in healthcare and/or life sciences encouraged to apply. Location preference is Seattle, New York, San Diego or San Francisco.
• 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
• 5+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
• 8+ years management of technical, customer facing resources
• 8+ years experience in Healthcare and/or Life Sciences domain
• Technical degree required
• Experience presenting to executives, IT Management, and developers
• Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
• Experience with technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top