Head of Finance, FP&A
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon is seeking a highly analytical and resourceful Senior Finance Manager to support our EU Middle Mile transportation network, ATS. We are continuously innovating on behalf of Amazon customers to deliver larger selection quicker and at lower prices. In this role, you will drive profitability and customer experience by directly influencing the development, planning, and execution of our transportation network (https://youtu.be/en5YqrtBGvY). The role will require quickly learning operations to grasp big picture and communicate clearly and succinctly in order to effectively collaborate with business leaders and influence decisions. You will be working closely with business partners, stakeholders, and other finance teams across transportation, fulfilment, supply chain, and technology teams to reduce cost, while improving customer experience. You are a person who enjoys operating in a dynamic, fast changing environment. You are able to process complex and, at times, ambiguous data, identifying and addressing key risks and helping operations to develop efficient customer centric solutions. Given the nature of this initiative, you will have to venture into unknown territory, and help the team learn how to succeed in a new space.
• Leading planning processes and coordinating wider finance teams
• Leading junior team members in providing analysis against budgets and previous periods, identifying risks and opportunities, and effectively communicating results to senior leadership in order to influence and support tactical and strategic business decisions; ensuring that timely and accurate metrics and forecasts are created and maintained
• Driving continuous improvement and standardization of processes, including implementation of best practices and automation initiatives, collaborating with technology teams
• Mentoring and supporting junior team members, driving diversity and inclusiveness
• BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or other fields with analytical focus
• A self-starter that thrives in a dynamic environment and demonstrates financial acumen and experience delivering quantitative analyses
• Analytical, with a passion for learning and delivering innovative customer centric solutions
• Strong English language written and oral communication skills with an ability to concisely summarize relevant data and convey results by effectively articulating complex messages
• Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with business partners
• Proven ability to solve complex problems and perform root cause analyses, prioritizing workload and achieving effective results within tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing, and often ambiguous environment
• Previous experience successfully managing high performance teams
• Intermediate or advance proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Previous experience with logistics, supply chain or engineering
• MBA or other advance degree
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos, etc.)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top