At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of items each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. The Operations team is seeking a Head of Finance to guide financial analysis, planning and control for a region in our fast growing European Fulfillment Network.
- Partner with Operations to drive continuous improvement in financial and operational performance.
- Direct the operational planning process
- Support expansion projects and new business initiatives, third-party agreements, network location analyses.
- Define variance analysis against budgets for the network, identify risks and opportunities.
- Partner with Retail, IT, Transportation, Supply Chain teams to bring optimal cross functional decision that maximize Amazon's long term free cash flow.
- Ensure timely and accurate metrics and forecasts are created and maintained.
- Review business cases for capital expenditure, ensure execution of capex plan and fixed asset management.
- Handle headcount planning for the regional Operations team.
- Drive standardization of operational processes within the Fulfillment Center network, adopt and share best practices across Europe and worldwide.
- Contribute to the next generation development of site finance planning and analysis; influence across sites and across operating countries to effect change
- Lead and develop the team of Finance Manager and Controllers.
- Degree in Engineering, Finance, Computer Science or other quantitative area or other degree with equivalent experience; an MBA or equivalent is desirable
- 10+ years of experience in Finance roles, showing progression in areas of responsibility
- Experience in an industrial, manufacturing or distribution environment
- Management experience and solid leadership skills, demonstrated ability to influence cross functional teams
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Solid skills in accessing and using analytical tools, advanced computer literacy
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while coordinating multiple projects
- Fluent written and oral communication in English, French language is good to have
- Ability to work with staff at all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with warehouse controlling - forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics
- Operational business experience, including potential impact of business decisions on various internal/external stakeholders
- Experience in Engineering, IT or Procurement