Head of Film Acquisition, Italy
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Please submit your CV in English.
Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
Prime Video is seeking a creative, savvy and analytically-minded digital content executive to join the Italian content acquisition team. This individual will be responsible for helping to define and, in turn, to execute our local content acquisition strategy for Italy with major studios, local producers, distributors, TV network groups and independent content partners.
In this role you will be able to apply your analytical skill-set, your precise judgement, creative ideas and clear and concise communication to get the best content for our customers. In a fast-paced environment you will be encouraged to roll your sleeves up as needed and think outside of your direct sphere of responsibility.
Your day-to-day activities will include the following:
• Support the content acquisition strategy for Prime Video service in Italy, contributing to our forward-looking content strategy, budgetary considerations and consequently, recommending content for acquisition
• Oversee content acquisition plans, financial metrics, and goals to drive the performance of your content category within Prime Video
• Selection shaping to address various priority segments of audiences and programming towards these
• Support content acquisition process, including building analytical models to show value from titles, analyzing results to drive improvements and collaboration with internal teams on processes to manage content and contracts internally (marketing, public relations, finance, accounting, operations, publishing etc.)
• Use data on customer behaviour, usage and consumption to inform decision-making
• Collaborate with internal teams on processes to manage content and contracts internally (marketing, public relations, finance, accounting, operations, publishing etc.)
• End to end ownership of major project deliverables
This position will be based in Milan, Italy
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Extensive experience of account management, business development, content licensing, or finance
• Extensive experience negotiating complex license or business development agreements
• Multiple years of experience in media content deals and/or business development
• Experience in Film /TV/media/entertainment
• MBA a plus
• Knowledge of digital video landscape, including understanding of digital video distribution technologies
• Experience in local and global content licensing and/or business development experience
• Excellent business judgment and ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, as well as the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Ability to work well in a fast paced and highly changing environment with little guidance
• Willingness to roll up sleeves, dive into details and work through large amounts of data to figure out the rights strategy
• Maintain a can-do attitude and a willingness and flexibility to solve operational problems at short notice
• You will motivate oneself and generate new ideas for the customer, your are detail-oriented and an enthusiastic team player
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in Italy, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Back to top