Head of Engineering - New Storage Offering
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon FSx is looking for a Sr. Engineering Leader who is entrepreneurial and is excited about building an engineering team and building and operating a new storage offering for customers. We expect our services to scale fast, and we need a senior leader that will scale with this new service.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned, mature engineering leader who is experienced building high performing teams and developing staff. The ideal candidate prioritizes well, communicates clearly, and understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with engineering teams. Candidates must have a proven record of accomplishment of building a culture centered on customer focus, efficient execution, high quality, rigorous testing, deep monitoring, and solid deployment practices. These services will operate at large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is essential. Candidates must be comfortable with ambiguity and eager to embrace ownership and accountability.
How can you succeed in this exciting role?
Enjoy building large scale distributed software systems. You will drive the development of software that allows data-intensive customer applications and other mission critical workloads to function without interruption. You are expected to understand scalable computing systems, architectures, data structures, and algorithms, and to contribute meaningfully to architecture discussions.
Know how to run a tight, lean, efficient operation. The right candidate will want to measure everything and be very data driven. You must excel at using metrics, monitoring and alarming to measure and improve the operational processes and performance of the team.
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• 10+ years' experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
• 7+ years' experience building, leading, managing, and mentoring high-performance teams
• 5+ years' experience of operating system fundamentals (Linux or Windows)
• 5+ years' experience in network, distributed, asynchronous, and concurrent programming
• 2+ years' experience managing larger groups through front-line managers (i.e., M2 Experience)
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Experience in developing system software, distributed file systems, and data networking offerings
• Deep understanding of scalable computing systems, architectures, data structures, and algorithms
• Knowledge of storage solutions
• Working knowledge of scale-out storage performance challenges and their solutions
• Familiarity with HPC, EDA, and other performance-oriented workloads
• Proficient in network, distributed, asynchronous and concurrent programming
• Familiar with building secure software and security algorithms
• Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Familiarity with building secure software using modern security principles
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Experience developing a product vision
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top