Flexible UK and EU location.
European market experience is required.
The Amazon ER team is passionate about business partnering in its truest sense. Reporting to the Sr ER Principal, EU ATS the Senior Employee Relation expert will play a critical role in developing and delivering the Employee Relation plan across the EU Region with a number of locations in various countries. They will work closely with the EU senior leadership teams and the wider EU HR network operations team to drive projects and programs across the network. In a EU ER function, they will partner with the country leaders and operate with a high level of autonomy in a matrix structure.
The Head of ER (internally known as ER Principal) works as part of the senior leadership team, developing and delivering Employee Relations projects and programs whilst ensuring, through a team of local OPS, HR and ER Managers, the effective delivery of an excellent, customer-focused ER service to the operations team.
- Design, coordinate and deploy the EU ER projects and programs within the region of relevant business line, especially for Linehaul operations
- Identify and work on mechanisms to ensure compliance and remove vulnerabilities within the business line, across geographies,
- Contribute to EU and support country ER strategies to increase employee engagement and mitigate risks related to workplace and working conditions,
- Develop and deploy engagement capability programs across EU for the relevant business line,
- Focus on the strategy related to Employee Relations, develop guidance for Employee representatives' bodies and trade unions Management
- Working backward from the Business needs and work with various stakeholders on proactive actions sustaining the growth of the business.
The successful candidate will be progressive, hands-on and customer-obsessed with the credibility and gravitas to succeed in a fast moving and customer-focused commercial environment.
Willingness to travel 30-40%, mainly Europe wide
- Extensive experience with HR/ER/Legal background, ideally within a high volume, fast paced and customer focused environment, transportation operations industry knowledge
- Possess problem solving and analytical capability; experience of managing ambiguity and analyzing HR and ER metrics to find root causes and develop short, medium and long-term plans
- Have the ability to develop effective working relationships with senior leadership in EU and in countries in matrix organization
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate and influence others
- Have emotional intelligence and strong passion for engagement
- Have a proven hands-on attitude, be flexible and adaptable
- Possess strong change management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Have intellectual curiosity; bring valuable insight into the team / business and be creative
- Fluent in English
- Degree and ideally law degree / legal background preferred
- Law degree / legal background preferred
- Project Management experience
- Working knowledge of a second EU language, with Spanish, German and French preferred
- Experience working in a multisite organization, ideally across multiple European Countries
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.